Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphical Business Blueprinting : Technical Requirements and Setup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am trying to use the Graphical Business Blueprint in Solution Manager 7.1

I followed the following steps in a bid to complete the product technical setup.

Installed the So-Co Add on using SAINT transaction. No special steps, just normal add-on installation.

Followed the steps in the setup guide for BPB (define logical ports, endpoints, services, aliases)

I am able to then load the http://hostname:port number/ebb/setup.asp web page to create a new workspace and thus create my own text file.

Then I install the BPBxxxx.exe client on my local machine, and am able to see my solution manager's name there, and log-in and validate my credentials.

However when I click on "open existing business blueprint ", it just stays as is, no dialog box nothing.

In my Solution Manager 7.1, there is 1 project , which has business processes dragged from the Business Process Repository (BPR). (This is a sandbox system, in an isolated environment, not connected to any other system, hence no logical components are defined et all. )

Now is there a trick I am missing to view the project defined in Solution Manager system?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Cheers!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

"Could not get context for user", What does this mean, and what are you supose to type in the contect field in the Preferences

Former Member
0 Kudos

Open the EBBConfig.txt file and copy the large numerical value and paste it in the context.

If you are getting this error though, I recommend you revisit your configuration settings. The guide has been updated since the last post.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, I manage to logon successfully , but somehow I cannot see any projects from the UI.

Justin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you assigned the /SOCO/FABRIC_ADMIN or User role? Plz consult the guide I have linked in the thread, you will need those roles to edit project hierarchies in the BPB tool

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For me, the issue I faced was that the service user assigned to the logical port (LP_SOCO_SOLAR) did not have the authorisation role SAP_SOL_KW_ALL at time of creation of the logical port. Adding it to the service user later on made no difference.

I created the logical port LP_SOCO_SOLAR with a service user with the following authorisation roles and associated profiles:

• /SOCO/FABRIC_ADMIN

• /SOCO/FABRIC_USER

• SAP_BC_WEBSERVICE_ADMIN

• SAP_BC_WEBSERVICE_CONFIGURATOR

• SAP_BC_WEBSERVICE_CONSUMER

• SAP_SOL_KW_ALL

• SAP_SOL_PROJ_ADMIN_ALL

• SAP_SOLAR01_ALL

• SAP_SOLAR02_ALL

I am now able to open the project list, access and edit the business blueprint for my implementation projects.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Patrick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Guru's

When I log on to the BPB client it tells me "Enter a valid username and password" even though I got all the rolls assigned to my user,

Justin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Solution :

The roles /soco/fabric_admin and /soco/fabric_user along with the SAP_BC_WEBSERVICE_CONSUMER roles used for the rfc generation (despite our service user having SAP_ALL and SAP_NEW) fixed the issue.

However you need to enter the same service user credentials in the creation of the logical ports after you assign those roles.

Since this is now resolved, I hope this solution is useful for those who need it.

The new guide is available here:

https://websmp102.sap-ag.de/~form/sapnet?_SCENARIO=01100035870000000202&_SHORTKEY=011000358700007390...;

Thanks for Reading through!

Cheers!