cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Test Note (Documentation Type) when creating Test Plan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus.

After we upgraded our SolMan 7.0 system from Support Pack (ST component ) level 19 to level 25, I noticed this new field "Test Note" (Dcoumentation Type) when creating a Test Plan in transaction STWB_2.

Initially, when I haven't chosen any project yet, this field has a list-of-values (i.e. Test Case Note, iTutor Document) but when I choose a project, the list-of-values only showing "ST". I also tried choosing another project and there is no value in the list.

Does anyone know where this list is coming from or how I can configure this?

It looks like project-related and but I couldn't find any settings for this.

Can this field be turned off so it will not show in the screen?

Thanks,

Tess

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tess,

The documentation type ST is the standard documentation type for test notes.

Test notes are needed by testers to document results in detail during/after testing a test case.

In SOLAR_PROJECT_ADMIN there is the text menu 'GOTO - Project Template - Implementation Projects'

and then there to the tap 'Documentation Types' to do the default settings for 'ST' for all implementation projects.

Otherwise you'll have to change settings in the administration for each project!

There you can assign your own documentation template for ST in the central settings.

If you are using other project types for testing you'll have to do the same for each project type.

Regards,

Adelbert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tees,

Please go to SOLAR_PROJECT_ADMIN -> Double click on the project -> PROJECT STANDARDS -> DOCUMENTATION TYPE.

Include all the documentation type and check it all.

From here it reads the documentation type for the test plans.

Thanks,

Jagadish.