cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

APO steps summary

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear friends,

I am from BW background and has some understanding of APO. I need to work on implementation of APO now and I am looking for the sequence of implementation. Like In BW, we have this flow: Extractors (in ECC)-> DataSources(& PSA in BW) -> Create Transformation -> Cretae InfoPackage -> Create DTP -> Run InfoPackage ->Run DTP to load InfoProviders ->Cretae a Query with QD -> Run query to populate report, please give a similar summary in APO. I know it is a completely different app, but I believe it can be summarized. Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kumar,

APO has its own BW. If you are talking about BW within APO, the steps are the same. RSA1 > go to work.

APO is, however, a major system, with substantial submodules. I could no more give you a 1-2-3 list of major steps to 'implement APO' than I could give you a list of major steps to implement, say, ECC. People write books about each submodule. Very few individuals actually know enough about APO to successfully implement all APO submodules. I certainly can't. The steps you will take are dependent upon the functionality you will implement.

Major Submodules (quoted from SAP Service Marketplace docs) These in addition to BW::

APO DP: Improves the forecast quality and planning accuracy

APO SNP: Improves visibility across your global supply chain and lowers inventory

APO PP/DS: Supports you in creating optimized production plans

APO gATP: Allows state-of-the-art sales order confirmation planning processes

APO TP/VS: Optimizes transportation loads and minimizes transportation costs

APO Alert Monitor: Powerful exception message system integrated in all APO planning modules

For a few detailed step-by-step technical instructions, try Best Practices.

http://help.sap.com/bp_scmv250/BBLibrary/HTML/BBLibrary_EN_DE.htm

Here you can get a few 'plain vanilla' implementation scenarios.

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks very much for the Building Blocks. I will try to summarize. A high level summary helps to start with.

Answers (0)