cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Easy DMS not working with SAP Content Server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have configured DMS in our SAP system and all our documents are using KPRO for document storage. We have installed and configured SAP Content Server and using the fielsystem storage. Through SAP DMS, this scenario is working like a charm and we have no issues creating, attaching, changing and deleting documents.

We just installed SAP Easy DMS as part of our initiative to simplify SAP DMS for users. We connected SAP Easy DMS to our ECC system. it never allowed us to created a document until we created a "PUBLIC FOLDER'. After we created the PUBLIC FOLDER, it allowed us to create a document and i can see the DIR into the SAP system as well. Now whenever we try to attach an original document through Easy DMS and when we chose the content repository ( which is on SAP Content Server) as the storage medium and when we try to save it, we get an error pop up that says "SAP Easy Document Management" and has a REX cross (which indicates there is an error) and we are not able to save the attachment. We are not getting any descriptive error that can lead to the specific issue.

Can one of you help me with this scenario.

Thanks,

NK

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

I have just implemented the same scenario as yours: ECC + SAP CS + Easy DMS, everythink works well.

You may verify the following points:

- Does DMS work well without Easy DMS, this means: ECC + SAP CS

- the configuration of content repository/carrier data/storage catagory.

There is something really strange on the 2nd points:

- check-in works well by using a data carrier as content repository in ECC + SAP CS, the archived document can be viewed with tx OAAD

- Easy DMS does not use data carrier, but storage catagory, so you have to connect the storage catagory with your content repository in tx OACT. In this case, the archived document can not be view with tx OAAD. So in which table is stored the object link?

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi N K,

Please check the following

1) Whether any authorization issues is coming in backend ERP system. Check SM21 logs and Su53 .

2) Using csadmin, please check whether connection to content server is appropriate.

3) Check the security settings of Content server as mentioned in Operations guide.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi deepakkori,

Thanks for your response.There are no issues with authorizations as i already mentioned that DMS is working FINE with Content Server. The only issue i'm getting is when i'm trying to use Esay DMS. With Easy DMS, i'm not able to save/create original documents in Content Server.

Any insight to the use of SAP Easy DMS and Content Server is highly appreciated.

Thanks.

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

With Easy DMS, i'm not able to save/create original documents in Content Server.

Do you see any error message while doing the save operation.

Also which version and patch level of Easy DMS you are using.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The problem might be with permissions where it is not allowing to save the document into the directory of content server.

Check the write and execute permissions

Kiran