cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error with Logical System - Long SID - SOLAR01

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We are using Solman Ehp1, stack 25. We have a problem in using Long SID (same SID) in Solar01

We are creating a new system in the landscape of a project. There was a copy of production system (called PCA) into a sandbox system keeping the same SID for both system PCA

We define a new product system in SMSY and we use a new long SID so that it is called PCAP. This new system recovered the logical system definition for each client which is the same for both PCA and PCAP system. Then we create RFCs for the new PCAP long id, no problem.

Finally we add the new system to the Logical Component Z_ERP with a new role 2 Sandbox system.

We went to the project SOLAR_PROJECT_ADMIN and assign the new system role 2 so that is available to use it in some test.

We go to transaction SOLAR01, switch to the new system role 2, and try to execute any transaction in the new server, it is saying that there is no logical system assigned to PCAP.... which is true, since the logical system is called PCAxxxxx.

Can you help us with that?

Regards

Esteban Hartzstein

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Esteban,

I'm note sure if I understood it correctly but, did you update the SID of the new system in the logical component? Is it equal to the SID defined in SMSY for the system?

Kind regards, Fabricius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Fabricius,

What I did is add the new PCAP system to the current Logical Component with the new system role Sandbox test so that they can perfomed some tests on that role. This system is a complete copy of the original PCA system, so internally everything is PCAP, and since I cannot have same SID in SMSY, I created as PCAP. And that causes a problem with the Logical System definition.

The actual error message is

smsy_ppms_api044

This error message was reported in another post back in 2009

LIink:

Any ideas?? Help required

Regards

Esteban

Edited by: Esteban Hartzstein on Oct 27, 2011 10:00 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Esteban,

I believe I've seen this error before being related to duplicated entries for the smae system in SMSY, like for example:

system ABC

duplicated entries ABC00001 and ABC_NABP

If this were the case you'lle just need to check this in SLD, If it differs in the database, please check the systems,

that they report the data to SLD correctly.

But I believe in your case the new entry in SMSY for the copy of the system seems to be defined wrongly, but it is hard to say what isn't correct. Is it updating SMSY correctly by the SLD? Check it as if it had no relation to PCA.

Kind regards, Fabricius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Fabricius,

this system was added manually to the SMSY transaction, no SLD was used.

We debug the issue and found that when they want to navigage eventually execute function module BM_RFC_DESTINATION_GET. This function modules is searching in a table SCDTSYSRFC which is the one that is not having the record for the new PCAP system.

Still do not know where and why this table is not having this entry related to the new PCAP system.

Any help will be appreciate it.

Regards

Esteban

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We finally solved the issue inserting a new record in table SCDTSYSRFC for the long sid system for the PURPOSE field CUST_TEST. We got rid of the conexión error between Solman and the satellite system.

The entry looks like

Sysname KONS MAND PURPOSE RFCDEST

PCAP _ _ 300 CUST_TEST SM......

We still do not figure out whether threre is an error in the SMSY when we are creating this long SID system and not updating the above mentioned table correctly.

We appreciate your input.

Regards

Esteban