cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Push user accounts to LDAP

0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

We have setup E-Sourcing 5.1 connected to a MS AD server as LDAP. This LDAP was created exclusively for E-Sourcing application.

We want to try a scenario where the user administration is handled only by E-Sourcing system, and credentials and passwords are stored in the LDAP. Note that this means that there won't be any user Administration in LDAP, it would be done through e-Sourcing. Is this possible?

We tried creating "New Accounts" in the LDAP by creating a new user in E-Sourcing, but so far it's been unsuccessful. We get a "driver error" in the ESO UI. It seems the system requires the account to be previously created in LDAP so it can be created in E-Sourcing.

Has anybody tried doing this?

Your help is appreciated.

Regards,

Gilberto Gallardo

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Gilberto,

If I understand correctly, when you create a new user account in Sourcing, you want Sourcing to create that account in LDAP as well. This should be possible. I would check if the right Driver is selected in the Directory Configuration. Also, make sure the LDAP related fields on the Directory Configuration such as Host, Port, Directory User Name, Password, BASE DN, etc. has the right values.

Also, can you provide more details on the error message? I would check the Sourcing logs, it should contain more information on the error.

Once the account is successfully created in LDAP, the attributes on the directory configuration can be set to push or pull depending on what is desired.

Regards,

Vikram