cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compliance Management - Blocked documents detailed log display (ECC side)

mouaz_benredjeb
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all,

As you are aware, on ECC side, it is possible to check the compliance status of a given Sales/Export or Purchase/Import document. Transactions to display the blocked documents are accessible through the SAP GTS cockpit in ECC, in the first tab called simply "Documents" (Transactions are /SAPSLL/BL_DOC_SD_R3 and /SAPSLL/BL_DOC_MM_R3).

These transactions basically display the same messages we get at the time of creation of the sales/purchase document such as:

- Sales Order Blocked/Checked

- SPL Screening Released/Checked

- etc...

In the same transaction to display blocked documents, there is an icon to display a more detailed log of the checks and blocks. By cliking on this icon we should get a similar log we have in GTS like:

- Active legal regulation found SPLEU

- Country xx determined as relevant partner country

- No import/export licence found for determination procedure xxxx

My issue is that I don't get this detailed log in ECC side...:(

Seems that the issue is with the RFC user used to communicate with GTS. Indeed, this RFC user is created in GTS and as it is an RFC user, it has been given the type "Communication".

If I leave the RFC user as Communication type, the detailed log does not appear. (Same behaviour if I set the RFC user to System type).

If I change the RFC user to Dialog type, the detailed log appears !!!

So the issue is not an authorization issue (RFC user has SAP_ALL/SAP_NEW authorizations) but rather an issue with the user type.

I tried to look around for OSS notes or other posts to no avail.

I have the same issue using GTS 8.0 and 10.0.

Did anyone of you enconter the same issue ?

Does the display of the detailed log in ECC of the blocked documents work for you ?

Sorry for this long post, I wanted to be clear as much as possible.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards.

Mouaz BEN REDJEB.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mouaz,

That's an interesting observation. I took a look at the code, and can see (more or less) what is happening...

If the user is type 'B' (system), then no detailed protocol is generated.

And if the user doesn't have access to GUI functions (determined using a call to Function Module 'RFC_IS_GUI_ON'), then again no detailed protocol is generated.

I think that exactly corresponds with what you are seeing. So, the behaviour is a feature, not a fault.

Best regards,

Dave

mouaz_benredjeb
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Dave for your feedback.

So, if I understand well, if I set up the GTS RFC user with type B-System or type C-Communication (type C-Communication is in my point of view the correct type for an RFC user) then it is impossible to get the detailed protocol on ECC side ?

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I had another look at the code...

The first rule I mentioned (If the user is type 'B', then no detailed protocol is generated) refers to the ERP user, not to the RFC user. So if you save the document via a background job, no detail is provided.

The second rule (if the user doesn't have access to GUI functions, then again no detailed protocol is generated) uses the Function Module RFC_IS_GUI_ON, and I'm afraid that I haven't been able to "hack" that completely. I guess that it picks up information from the RFC user, but it would be best to check it by experimentation to be sure.

I agree with you that the RFC user should be set up as type 'C' (according to the <F1> Help for that field).

Best regards,

Dave

mouaz_benredjeb
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks again Dave...

I think we will finally use the user type "S - Service" as with this user type we managed to get the detailed Compliance protocol on ECC side, even if this user type seems not to be made to fit RFC requirements... This is the unique solution found unfortunately...

Closed the thread.

Answers (0)