Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trackable SFC and cancel scrapp

michaelmerny
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

In our sytem we have SFCs created with shop orders and trackable SFCs. They are in status "Done" and we can scrapp them with XML message NC_LOG_COMPLETE. When we unscrapp them, we use the XML message NC_LOG_CANCEL.

If we cancel a scrap for a "normal" SFC, the status is back to "Done", but if we cancel a "trackable" SFC the status is "In Queue" and we would like it back to "Done"

Is it a bug ? I don't understand why trackable SFC has not the same behavior as normal SFC

Regards,

Michaël.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

michaelmerny
Participant
0 Kudos

Sergiy,

Last question: I just tried ME transaction "SFC Unscrap/Undelete" on normal and trackable SFC, but all of them are back to status "In Queue" (they were in status "Done" before to scrapp them with transaction "SFC scrapp/Delete")

Is it also to be fixed there ?

Regards,

Michaël.

sergiy_katerinich
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Michaël,

Sorry for misleading you. I've been advised that you have the customized NC Log Cancel XML, and this is why normal SFCs in your case go back to Done status. The behavior you observe in basic "SFC Unscrap/Undelete" GUI is what I have talked about. And it is work by design. I will release a new SAP Note about this soon.

So, investigation of the issue about Trackable SFCs for your customized XML request should be started with reviewing the Use Case (I believe you have it). If there is nothing said about Trackable SFCs, you should negotiate with SAP Consulting about this; otherwise, you need to log a support ticket.

Regards,

Sergiy

michaelmerny
Participant
0 Kudos

Sergiy ,

Thanks for the answer so I should open an OSS for the fix ?

Regards,

Michaël.

sergiy_katerinich
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I guess so. At least we'll bring this to consideration of Product Management.

sergiy_katerinich
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Recently I have dealt with an issue of unscrap. It appears that putting SFC in "In Queue" status is a very old feature of the original design of SFC Unscrap. Looks like this was changed for normal SFCs of Done status though still remains the same for Trackable SFCs.

Although in my case that was identified as work by design, your case is different and likely to be eligible for fix.

Regards,

Sergiy