cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Login from a iOS-App with SUP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

i would like to implement native a SAP R/3 Login connection from iPad with SUP. The are some exaples? How can i go on?

Thanks

Engin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

rohith_deraje
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Engin,

I can suggest you on one of the ways to achive this.

The setup would be as below.

SAP R3>>SAP NW gateway>>SUP2.1-ODP>>iPad/iPhone/Android/BB

SAP NW gateway:--> makes BAPI connection to SAP R/3 and exposes the services in the form of REST services.

You can develop iPhone/iPad application to consume these REST services.

For details about connecting to SUP,you can refer to my article @ http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-23532

Regards

Rohith

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Rohith

I have the same problem of Engin: I would like to implement native a SAP R/3 Login connection from iPad with SUP. 

I tried to use BAPI:  SUSR_LOGIN_CHECK_RFC, but if the password is longer than 8 chars doesn't work!  Can you help me?

Best Regards

Donato Ferraro

rohith_deraje
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Ferraro,

I assume you are trying a  MBO based offline app scenario where you use RFC to connect from SUP to SAP. Sorry, I do not have much info on it.  

I can help you on online apps using SUP2.1-ODP. I have shared some details on it in my previous reply.

Please revert back if you need any info on online scenario.

Regards

Rohith

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Ferraro,

If your looking for the SAP login mechanism in MBO based application.When your making the subscribe for very first time, if that user name and password what your using is wrong that will give you the subscribe failure. from that you can check whether login successful or not. we dont want to use seperate BAPI's

Regards,

Diny

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for your quicky reply!

I solved the issue with a custom BAPI. It checks user and password by calling a standard function.

In order to access offline, I'll store credentials on local variables.

Regards,

Donato

koehntopp
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Donato,

that is a bad idea on many levels. You really want to use standard functionality to authenticate users, and local storage of credentials is a huge security risk.

I think we need to come up with some guidance around this, I'll try and see if I can find something...

Frank.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, thanks for your reply!

Could you explain me the reasons of the huge security risk? why it is not raccomanded to use a BAPI ? what about if I use a local storage with an encrypting algorithm?

I'm looking forward some documentation, examples...

Thanks you so much!

Regards

Donato

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

have you every got information about this topic?

Thx