cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account Key and Accruals in SD Pricing Procedure

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all-

I'm looking for a clear explanation about the "account key" and "accruals" fields in the SD pricing procedure:

- what is the difference

- when do you use "account key", when do you use "accruals" (examples are very helpful)

- I see that sometimes there are entries for "account key" and "accruals", what is the meaning and effect for postings

thank,

Ben

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

el_flanco
Explorer
0 Kudos

Account Key: (FRE,Mainly used for Frieght):Account key enables amount to post to certain revenue accounts, For example.. freight charges. When you add freight related condition types, it will be added to separate G/L accounts, means this will not be added to material price.

Accruals Key: Accruals mean accumulating and this it's track by the system into specific account. (FR1 with FRE) With the addition of the account key, the system can post amounts to certain types of accruals accounts.

If helpful, then reward.

Regards,

LOIC JORDAN KAMGANG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please Note the following in Pricing Procedure:

Account Key: It posts the G/L as assigned for Income or expenditure i.e. For Revenues from sales / Income (PR00, EK01 etc) we assign the condition types to u201CERLu201D and for Expense or spot discounts (K005, KA00) etc. we can use u201CERSu201D

As far as Accruals are concerned, they are provisions in accounts to be reimbursed or adjusted at a later stage or at the end of a period I.e. for u201CREBATE-SALESu201D we can use u201CERUu201D. (I.e. Customer rebate - B003 etc.)

Further please use help in SAP and explore, while doing transactions.

Hope the concept is clear

Regards

DSR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ben,

Welcome to SCN!

Please search the forum, this has been discussed many times.

for example, check this thread: [].

Regards,

Raghu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Raghu-

Thanks for the welcome and for the provided link.

However that's not really the information that I'm looking for, that's basically a copy of the SAP help information.

And that, at least in this case, does not really give a good explanation (with examples).

thx

Ben

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ben,

Account keys are used to map to G/L for all normal prices+ discounts+ freights etc..

Accrual keys, on the other hand, are used to accrue/accumulate values for Rebates which are paid/ settled retroactively.

So these keys are mapped to Rebate/Accrual G/L which will be used later to settle to customer.

Let me know, if you want to know more..?

Regards,

Raghu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Raghu-

Thanks, it start making sense now.

Can you please explain as well a situation where you enter both (account key and accruals key), an example (other than rebates) is appreciated.

thx

Ben

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ben,

I'm not aware of any other use for accrual key than for Rebates..

Here is a thread explaining little more based on the rebates example:

[;

Regards,

Raghu.

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ben

Refer following SDN thread, let see whether this can assist you in understanding of Accruals,

-

Regards

JP