cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to generate SDP alerts using ABAP / FunctionModule ?

thomas_schulze2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

we want to generate APO "SDP" alerts (self-defined Alert Type) using ABAP since we have a case where we definitely can't use an SNP DataView macro like we would typically do.

Customizing / Setup of own SDP AlertTypes is clear and done already in SCM. What is the FunctionModule or similar way we can use to trigger SDP alerts thru ABAP ? Searching SE37 in SCM with "/SAPAPO/AMON*" doesn't bring up anything clearly indicating the "Alert Generation" function. If someone could give a little sample that would be very helpful.

Release: SCM7.0 SP8

Regards

Thomas

Edited by: Thomas Schulze on Oct 26, 2011 12:38 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Thomas,

Please check out the link below.

This does not explain how to trigger an alert through ABAP code /FM, but this explains how to trigger from a row value.

If you could write abap code to perform your logic and update the values in a row or a temp table, then you could follow the process in the link below and trigger alert.

If you need info on how to write abap codes in a macro, please let me know, I will share the details.

Meanwhile Will try to dig out something on how to trigger alerts directly from ABAP code/FM.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/f074cb83-77d1-2a10-1eb2-8b559a759...

Thanks & regards,

Ashok

thomas_schulze2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Ashok,

I'm looking for a way to generate Alerts outside the APO macro workbench since the trigger for the alert is outside the SCM system and we want to use an RFC call into SCM to create an SDP alert. We have all parameters we would apply (PlngBook, DataView, Macro (fake), Version, LocID, ProductID etc.) but we are not sure if there is recommended way in form of a function module etc.

Regards

Thomas