Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Product allocation - Double sales incoming quantities

former_member628178
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello,

We set up a scenario in our development system for the product allocation process.

In the customizing we maintained two allocation groups. The first group check against the country (high level) and the second group check against the customer (detailed level). We marked the flag for the direct connection to the planning area for both groups (Both groups are linked to the same planning area). If a sales order is now checked (e.g. 50 PC order quantity) then in both allocation groups the temp. incoming quantity is 50 PC, which is correct. But after the sales order is saved in the planning book a total incoming quantity of 100 PC is displayed. So we expected is 50 PC and not 100 PC.

If we changed the customizing and delete the flag for the direct connection to the planning area and we run the report for the data transfer for both allocation groups then only the 50 PC are displayed in the planning book.

Is there a missing customizing entry or is it not possible to connect more product allocation groups to one planning area?

Thanks in advanced!

Kind regards,

Fabian

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fab,

We can connect many production allocatio group to same planning area, but better remove flag direct connection to planning area. During maintenance of PAL procedure and in control conversion conversion factor should be 1 only.

In place of removal of above flag we carryout two activity i.e copy data from planning area and copy data to planning area.

hope process will work fine.

Regards,

Veeresh

former_member628178
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Veeresh,

Are there many disadvantages when the flag "direct connection to planning area" is set?

I know that problem can be occured if a sales order comes in and in the same time somebody changed something in the planning are for that CVC.

But are there more disadvantages which would leads to the decision to remove this flag?

Kind regards,

Fabian

michael_thinschmidt
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Fabian,

This sounds more like a bug in the system or a userexit issue. I recommend to raise a SAP message on component SCM-APO-ATP-Bf-PAL for this issue together with a reproducible example.

best regards,

Michael

former_member628178
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Thank you for your answer!

I will create an example for this issue and open an OSS message.

Kind regards,

Fabian