Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FD32 credit management for dependant customer

former_member184509
Participant
0 Kudos

Friends

We are maintaining credit limit for reference customer and assign this reference customer in FD 32 to dependent customer .

Example , reference customer is xxxxx and dependant customer is yyyyy.

But business requirement is that apart from entering credit limit to reference customer , we need to enter credit limit to dependant customer also .

Suppose , reference customer credit limit $200000 and dependant customer limit $50000.

Whenever dependant customer make purchases and pay , system should make the entry for both the customersu2019 credit accordingly .

Whenever dependant customer crosses his credit limit , system should block only dependant customer documents but not reference customer until he crosses his over all limit .

Any thought on this requirement on how to go about it pls ?

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Suppose , reference customer credit limit $200000 and dependant customer limit $50000.

Whenever dependant customer make purchases and pay , system should make the entry for both the customersu2019 credit accordingly .

Whenever dependant customer crosses his credit limit , system should block only dependant customer documents but not reference customer until he crosses his over all limit .

Though I haven't worked on similar scenario....I believe this is the standard behaviour and system should support the above process.

Are you implementing the functionality or is it already exisiting in the production system.

In your testing (or realtime issue)...what is happening exactly...isn't it blocking the dependent customer even after crossing the $50000 limit? Please clarify.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

When you assign reference customer (A) to Dependent Customer (B), The overall credit limit of B will be = Indivudial credit limit of B + Individual credit limit of A.

This is standard behaviour. If you want to modify this, You need to activate the USER 1 in dynamix credit control checks.

Ugamesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rusheek,

As per your requirement there is one solution which I used. According to you, you have reference customer xxxxx and dependant customer yyyyy. Now it shows that dep customer belongs to ref customer, I assume that ref customer is your sold to party.

Now create new Z account group dependent customer, partner function DEP customer, assign partner det procedure and partner functions to that account group( Make sure you must assign PAYER partner function in the process). The create DEP customer in XD01 and save. Now extend your REF customer account group and add partner function DEP customer in that. Then add your newly created dep customer in the ref customer under partner function tab in sales area data and save. Similarly you can add more Dep customers and there payers.

Note The purpose of this is to add payer for each dependent customer because the credit check is controlled by payer only.

Now maintain the credit limits in FD32 according to each payer. When you create the sales order system will ask you the dependent customer and payer to be included at header level, select the relevant dep cust and payer and save the order, then go to VA02 and in partner function tab at header level change the dependent customer and save. Try to notice difference in both the cases.

Hope this will help you as I have tried this already.

Thanks,

Davinder

Edited by: davinderpalsingh on Oct 27, 2011 4:45 PM

Edited by: davinderpalsingh on Oct 27, 2011 4:48 PM

Edited by: davinderpalsingh on Oct 27, 2011 4:50 PM

former_member184509
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Dav

I liked this work arround solution , but it is not closily suitable for our requirement if you go through the requirement .Business don't like to change partner functions and payers .

Again thanks for your time .

Any ideas from anybody next pls ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

can you pls define what's a reference customer and a dependent customer?

and who are created as customers in the system? which customer are you using as sold to? payer?

Regards,

Raghu.

former_member184509
Participant
0 Kudos

if a customer has two offices , we will create customer A and B , both are eligible to place order . but I will maintain credit limit for A ,and in FD32 for customer B , I will assign customer A as a credit account .

Requirment is after doing above , I should be able enter another credit limit for customer B which will be applicable for only customer B . So that when customer B make transaction value should be accumulated towards B's individual limit as well as credit account 's over all limit .Total transaction of A and B should not cross over all credit limit , but also B's transaction should not cross his individula limit .

former_member209761
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Rusheek,

As i do not have access to SAP now, are you sure that the credit account in customer credit master data is for this purpose?

What does the F1 says about the field?

Thanks & Regards,

Hegal K Charles

former_member184509
Participant
0 Kudos

Hegal

Yes , it is for that purpose , we are already using it .