cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Block Planning Display block options eg Percent of block utilised and Qtys?

former_member584840
Participant
0 Kudos

Any hints how to display block quantities and percent utilised in PPDS area?

I have managed so far to get the following for blocks that cross between months.

1. Resource table. (/SAPAPO/RPT - Resource Planning Table )Can highlight both columns that the specific block is in, click "show operations", get the operations to show in the bottome screen, and the FILTER on the specfic dates to get the block quantities.

This works to get a block quantity but would need to do a slow manual process for every block!

2. Receipts View (/SAPAPO/RRP4). Can set up a visualisation profile which shows my characteristic in a column in the report, and then I can select a SINGLE resource from the front selection and get a listing of the quantities from that single resource, and then with filters on dates and/or characteristic, I can get the quantities.

But this is slow and manual per resource.

3. Detailed scheduling board shows VISUALLY whether blocks look full or not, but I cant find any way of getting any block quantities or percent complete from this view.

Ideally, I want a way I can download all resource quantities and block quantities and then determine percent utilized in the blocks and put alerts on this to show which blocks are under-utilised.

Any ideas????

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member584840
Participant
0 Kudos

Aha. Found it.

in the DS Planning board.

click an order on block and then EDIT/SELECT/ALL FOR SAME BLOCK

then

EXTRAS / EVALUATION / EXTENDED OPERATIONS LIST - this gives all the quantities for selected block

then

EXTRAS / EVALUATION / RESOURCE UTILIZATION - select blocks and get percent utilisation for blocks

former_member584840
Participant
0 Kudos

2 years too late but a better view is the extended block maintenance view which you can bring up by turning this on as a heuristic, and then accessed from the DS planning board. This gives percent block utilized which are more accurate. The Evaluation reports when I last looked were rounded to the day I think.