cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 different rates for material required in same Billing Document

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a question regarding Customer specific price.

When customer gives different (revised) price on some part of the full ordered qty. for the same product, packaging etc. How can be taken care in SAP ?

Frequently, this happens for particular customers when metal (Raw Material ) market is fluctuating.

For Example :

Customer Ordered total 40000 lbs @$4.00/lb price initially. Order# 189763 is created for the same. But Customer offers or agrees to purchase part qty. with revised rate. Part qty. 20000 lbs @$4.50/lb price (This is revised price) and remaining Qty. 20000 lbs. @$4.00/lbs price (i.e. Old Price). Please note here, Full Qty. 40000 lbs shipped at a time in one container.

Now, For the Company,

Product revenue through Order & Invoice will be , (20000 lbs * $4.00/lb = $80,000.00) + (20000 lbs * $4.50/lb = $90,000.00).

Total will be, $170,000.00

How to handle this so as to reflect 2 rates for same Material in same billing Document.

Regards,

Ramakrishnan.B

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Thanks for your inputs.

Regards,

Ramki

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramakrishnan,

As already people sugessted you to split the item in two line items and make the condition mannual to give the price. Now already explained these type of conditions don't comes regularly, even if it comes regularly and your business is dealing with number of order a day via idoc or some other method then in that case you can make some feilds mandetory when key in data to book sales orders and later on can change manually as well.

I hope this will help.

Thanks,

Davinder

former_member209761
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Ramakrishnan,

As this type of scenario comes only onces in a while ( 2 different rates for the same material in same order) , it is better to split the order qty into 2 line item And make this price as a Manual entry.

Also make this condition type as mandatory and also include this in incompletion log, so that no order gets saved without value for the Condition type.

Thanks & Regards,

Hegal K Charles

madlercm
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think that you need to have 2 lines in the order, each one with it's own price. At the end you can ship in one delivery, but two lines in the billing document too.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mario Adler,

We can have 2 lines in Order. But the rates has to flow from VK11 condition record.

Can you please suggest in those lines.

Regards,

Ramakrishnan.B

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I think we can maintain such different prices using scales in vk11 transaction.for 1 to 20000 pieces one price and from 20001 to 40000 one price.

regards,

Edited by: s.jhon on Oct 25, 2011 8:22 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

In both the lines the quantity will be entered as 20000. Then even if we have scales, the same rate will only flow for both lines.

On what else we can differentiate these two lines for picking different rates?

Regards,

Ramki

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

If it is for the case of 2 or 3 sale order's it is better to give the price manually at sale order or if it is in regular business process need to go for enhancement.

Correct me if i am wrong on the above statement.

Regards

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Why do you want to maintain two line items for the same material?

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Having two line items in Sales Order seems tobe best solution here.

Now if you agree to enter two line items, you have two scenarios to consider:

1. Price is entered Manually in Sales Order: If yes, then there is no issue as user entering the Sales Order can manually enter the old & new price for each line item.

2. Price is derived automatically from Condition Records (& User has not authority to change the Price in Sales Order): Here for the first line item the Price that will come automatically is correct as it is sold at old price.

For the second line item, in Sales Order, item details - Sales B Tab, there would be some unused feilds like Material Pricing Group, Price LIst, Price Group etc. You can maintain Condition Record by adding one of these feild in your Price COndition Type Access Sequence & while entering Sales Order, user will enter some value in this feild thru F4 Help.

Hope this helps,

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta