cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Role based authorisations in the Integration Directory

robert_warde4
Active Participant
0 Kudos

We have built a new PI landscape (Pi 7.11) and worked with our security teams to perfect the various roles. I am now attempting to implement role based authorisations in the ESR & ID so that objects in our QAS and PRD environments can be configured but not deleted or created.I have implemented role based authorsations as per the SAP standard process performing the following actions

• Exchange profile com.sap.aii.ib.util.server.auth.activation was set to true and the Java Stack Restarted.

• I created a role in the ID that allowed editing of any object.

• I assigned the role to my userid in NWA useradmin

• I am unable to edit ANY object in the ID

• When I set the Exchange profile parameter to false I found I was able to edit any object in the ID.

So its obvious that the Exchange Profile Parameter does make a difference. However, it doesn't appear as if the role I created is being referenced, even though I assigned it to my account in NWA user admin. I looks like I may be missing some exchange profile parameters. I have the following exchange profiles set:

IntegrationBuilder.IntegrationBuilder.Repository com.sap.aii.util.server.auth.activation (string) = true

IntegrationBuilder.IntegrationBuilder.Repository com.sap.aii.ib.server.acl.enable (boolean) true

IntegrationBuilder.IntegrationBuilder.Directory com.sap.aii.util.server.auth.activation (string) = true

IntegrationBuilder.IntegrationBuilder.Directory com.sap.aii.ib.server.acl.enable (boolean) true

Any advice you can offer would be appreciated

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

robert_warde4
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Resolved this issue.

The documentation is confusing but finally found the answer by referring to the SAP XI 3.0 documentation.