cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asset Value date

msshihab1987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have done all the Configuration for Fixed asset and created one asset with Manual depreciation key, I have acquired one asset on 03.08.2011 and another in 15.09.2011. In Asset Explorer(AW01N) Asset Value date is shown as 03.08.2011 for the two acquisition, the asset is taking 03.08.2011 as the default asset value date. Any one know about the issue, Thanks in Advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check

IMG ==> Financial Accounting ==> Asset Accounting ==> Transactions ==> Specify how default asset value date is determined.

If nothing is specified SAP_DEFAULT variant will be assigned to all the company codes by default.

Otherwise, you copy the SAP_DEFAULT to ZSAP_DEFAULT and manipulate the values and assign it to your company code in order to achieve the results.

msshihab1987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you Revi . My problem is solved

msshihab1987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

One more doubt i have is it possible to change the existing posted asset , because in new asset the date is working fine i am thinking about the existing asset. what we can do in this case.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

msshihab1987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear shihabms

Not posible. once you run the Depreciation. you can't modify the value date.

First you can revese the all posting depreciations. after that you can chage it for your requirement then recal. you depreciations

Regards

shankar

msshihab1987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank You siva for your quick replay, i am sure about that it is not possible to do that , but i have to ensure it whether it is right or not , now i confirm it. once again thank you

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

See if you can change the value date in AB02. But, for how many assets you will change. You need to see if this is really accepted best practice. Though technically you can achieve this, but not recommended practice.

msshihab1987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

How it is possible to change Capitalized date, Because there is only one option that is we can give only first capitalized date. In my case i have again purchased the similar asset, so in AS02 we can change only first capitalized date. In real situation i want to change the second purchased date

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Capitalisation date is different from Value date. Both are need not necessarily be the same. I am referring to AB02, but not AS02. In AB02, you may change the value date. You do not see any Capitalisation Date in AB02.

Edited by: Ravi Sankar Venna on Oct 27, 2011 9:56 AM

msshihab1987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Ravi

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When you have thousands of transactions being posted, it is very unlikely you change the valuation dates for all those assets. You can discuss with client / management and treat this is as a change in your fixed assets policy. This affect will effective for future assets. Please note that we are only trying to default the value date, but you cannot stop the user if he intends to put another value date.

msshihab1987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sure, But the problem faced only for one company code and only after a specific period , we dont know how it was happened, we have checked the changes but the information is no customization had take place. if we change the value date now what will happen for the depreciation we posted in this asset.

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have not faced this scenario, but in my opinion, the depreciation will be recalculated and the amount of depreciation to be posted in the current month gets adjusted. You may please test in your test system to see the affect on depreciation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear shihabms

were you properly assigned in asset master captilization date under General Tab

Regards

shankar