cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using TEST mode in sender file channel to trigger jdbc receiver channel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In order to call a jdbc receiver channel every 15 minutes I intended to use a file sender channel as a trigger where I set the Processing Mode to TEST. However, I would like to make multiple simultaneous different calls to the jdbc receiver channel, so I have multiple files in the folder, where the file sender channel is listening. Quality of Service in the file sender channel is set to Best Effort as the call is syncroneous.

However, because the messages in the folder are not deleted, only the first message is being processed no matter whether I choose Processing Sequence "By Date" or "By Name".

I would like to avoid having to create 15 folders containing one message each, so is there another way of doing it?

By the way, I redirect the response from the jdbc receiver channel to a different folder, but I think this is irrelevant in this case.

I use PI 7.11

/Mikael

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>In order to call a jdbc receiver channel every 15 minutes I intended to use a file sender channel as a trigger where I set the Processing Mode to TEST

You can make JDBC channel to start by itself using Availability Time Planning schedule. You can create JDBC Sender channel and make it to start every 15 mins to do database call and map those data to a file using async mode. I mean JDBC sender to File receiver too. Just a thought.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your answer, but I would like to avoid using Availability planning.

Right now I am thinking about using "Advanced selection for source file" and then just specify 14 different folders here each containing one trigger message, but it seems that only the oldest message (if I choose Processing Sequence = Date) or the first message alfabetically (if I choose Processing Sequence = Name) is being processed across the many folders which I think is very weird!

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had to use Availibility Planning. I pick up the messages from the source folder every day at 7 am and archive the messages in a different folder. from here, the messages are being picked up by an other file sender CC and moved back to the source folder. This is done via availability planning and it happens every day at 7.10 am