cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change Ship to Party on outbound delivery

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Our customer has a specific requirement changing the ship to party on outbound delivery when it is created (VL01N). The requirement is trading partner order the goods for example 100 qty. When the goods are ready for delivery he will inform to deliver 50 nos to XYZ customer (end user) and ABC customer (end user). So the sales order is created with the trading partner but when delivery is created the first 50 should be for XYZ and the second 50 should be for ABC. In this case there will be two outbound deliveries one with ship to XYZ and other one with ABC ship to.

When sales order created it has trading partner as ship to now during the delivery creation we need sort of pop us to select the ship to party. I have searched all the possible delivery creation user exits but did not find any on partner function to implement the pop up functionality.

Note: customer does not want to change the address of ship to on delivery by keeping the original ship to which is copied from sales order

Please help me with suitable suggestions.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member

Hi Krish,

As per my understanding first you need to assign the different ship to parties to your sold to party,then you have an option to choose the ship to party at order item level.

In your present situation you need to come back to sale order change mode there at item level change the ship to party and do the delivery.

check and revert

regards

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for the reply.

Yes the option you have mentioned is the standard way. However the sales order should not be changed with ship to party as it has the main trading partner as ship to party. During the delivery creation there should be sort of a pop up to select ship to party like it give the pop up during sales order creation if there are multiple partners for a sold to. As I did not find any user exit for delivery header to enhance this functionality.

Any suggestions would be highly appreciated.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The best option is create the sales order with different line items. What this means is, if there is specific lot to deliver there should be seperate sales order line for them.

This will help to change the ship to party for that line item. And the required ship to party will be available in deliivery.

The ship to party is non modifiable at delivery patner determination.

Kindly Text Removed

Thanks & Regards

Sreekanth

Edited by: Lakshmipathi on Oct 30, 2011 10:51 AM Dont ask for points

former_member1229123
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per my understanding you have a order of 100 Qty with material A has 50 Qty and material B has 50 Qty now you want to deliver material A 50 Qty to one ship to party and material B 50 Qty to another ship to party i think, For this first create Two ship to partys. When you create a sales order you will have selection box select one ship to party among them and enter two materials go to required material you want to deliver to ship to party 2 . Now go to patners tab page at item level and change the ship to party and create delivery two times . i hope it will help you,

Thank you,

pranay

Former Member
0 Kudos

How about customizing a OB creation T code with the required ship-to party code in the selection criteria?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alan

What do you mean by customizing OB T code? Please suggest me.

The requirement is when sales order created the ship to is trading partner. During the manufacturing of the product not sure which ship to be sent and what quantities. However when the product is ready the trading partner will inform the exact ship to (end user) to whom the goods to be delivered.

For example the trading partner orders 100 qty and when product is ready he wants 50 to be sent to XYZ ship to (end user) address) and 50 to another. So initially the SO will have one item with 100 qty with trading partner as ship to. Without changing the SO lines (qty or ship to) it should be delivered to respective end customer.

Changing the ship to on SO line and delivering is standard way of doing however we will not have a original ship to link in future.

Could you please suggest any thoughts.

Thanks in advance

Krishiv

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Changing ship to in delivery is not possible. If you go to VOPA and see for Partner Procedure for delivery, the box "Not changable" would have been checked and greyed out against Ship To column.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

My ex-company did this customization, and our users are very happy.

As mentioned by G. Lakshmipathi, change that VOPA setting, untick it.

Customized a OB creation t code. You need good abaper for this.

In selection screen, have something like this.

Sales Order number

Item Number (If required)

Sales Order date

Sold To party

Shipping Point

etc...

And "Delivery ShipTo Party" example.

You should have a output screen for user to select which SO item to create OB.

In your program, use VL01N to create it, then VL02N to change the shipto party to the required as per selection screen.

You should then have a output screen to capture and display all standard error messages or succcss message.

Optional: You may like to consider also, in VL02N user exit, control shipto party is grey off by user's ID and not by the customized t-code.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have the same issue. This time, this is for a cross-company STO process. Since in STO, the reference document for my delivery is the PO not SO, I need a user exit or a way to change or manipulate the Ship-to party, using a logic,which will be proposed in the delivery. Please advise if you guys have any option on how I can accomplish this.

Hi Mr. Love,

How did you manage to untick the Not changable tick box? The tick box is also greyed out in VOPA.

Thanks.