cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File to Idoc Language settings

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am trying File to Idoc scenario.From the file we have language field in which there are 2 sub fields name 1 and name 2.

Name 1 and name2 may receive data related to any europian language eg.english or Russian etc.This has been mappef to Idoc fields.

After running the scenario,in PI box I could able to see the payload which is in Europian language.

In idoc in the field mapped I only see'#' in name1 and name 2 fields.

Please let me know the solution.

Thanks,

Srinivasa

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

Bit confused with your question.

Are you saying that that File-XML does not have proper data as in the file or IDOC-XML does not have the required data.

If you have problems with the initial File-XML payload, then check your FCC and also your file encoding standards.

If you have problems with your idoc-xml , then check your mapping .

Regards

Krish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nope,

The scenario is File to Idoc.

ECC box at the receiver is non unicode system(ECC 4.7C).

only 2 fileds in the idoc receive multi language data .

I tried by creating RFC destination Type 3 with language russian(there or many other Europian languages that may be sent) and ll sent russian text from the file,I still receive #'s in place of russian character's at the idoc side.

In the payload under SXMB_MONI(pi box),I see the payload as required(ie russian chars are seen in the payload).When it came to ECC box in place of russian char's I only see #'s.

if there are say suppose 100 languages how to handle the situation such that the idoc data wont change to #'s

Thanks,

Sree

Edited by: satishsuri on Oct 25, 2011 4:28 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

any one faced simillar issue??

pls respond.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

sorry I have not answer, but only stupid questions...

¤ In the idoc, in addition to your texts, do you send also the ISO Language?

¤ In ECC, does the cyrilic language is installed?

¤ In ECC, in any transaction, click on the button "Customize Local" (TV in color close to Help button) or keys Alt+F12, and then go to menu "Character Set". Which language is set ? Western European (Latin1) ? or Cyrillic ?

Because if it's not Cyrillic, that could explain why you don't see cyrillic characters...

¤ In ECC, if you copy your Idoc (tcode WE19), change the text by doing a copy-paste with a cyrillic text, what's happens when you process this Idoc?

Regards.

Mickael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dear,

¤ In the idoc, in addition to your texts, do you send also the ISO Language?

no

¤ In ECC, does the cyrilic language is installed?

no(here the language in Europian,is it required to install for each language?)

¤ In ECC, in any transaction, click on the button "Customize Local" (TV in color close to Help button) or keys Alt+F12, and then go to menu "Character Set". Which language is set ? Western European (Latin1) ? or Cyrillic ?

it is Western European

Because if it's not Cyrillic, that could explain why you don't see cyrillic characters...

¤ In ECC, if you copy your Idoc (tcode WE19), change the text by doing a copy-paste with a cyrillic text, what's happens when you process this Idoc?

Tried it it shows # # ### as language characters.

Sree

Edited by: satishsuri on Oct 25, 2011 6:44 PM

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> I tried by creating RFC destination Type 3 with language russian(there or many other Europian languages that may be sent) and ll sent russian text from the file,I still receive #'s in place of russian character's at the idoc side.

You won't see the cyrillic letters when you log on in english.

Log on in russian and check the IDoc then (if you manage to handle the russian menu)