cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

putaway strategy for rack storage and floor

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

we have define one warehouse room as One Storage Type. its rack storage . Storage unit

managed . in each storage bin one Su (pallet) can be placed. Some times we keep stocks (on pallets) on the floor

(Pallets in one layer). No of Pallets(SU) is defined at that floor, say 100 pallets can be placed on the floor.

we need Capacity check method = 2 (Check based on palletization accord. to SUT 1).

Which Putaway strategy should be applied for this storage type.? considering 1 bin = 1 pallet and Pallets on the floor.

thanks & regards

thomas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi James,

You have got actually two different structures in use: Racking and open or bulk storage. If you check the ST config, then you'll see that the 2 different structures have different config settings. I would for this rather create 2 seperate ST's: One for racking and one for bulk storage. It would keep everything nice and tidy. In your putaway strategies you will just add the one after the other (as an overflow basically). On the picking side you can then always activate SFIFO if you floor area allows it (if you can get to the oldest pallet without having to move other pallets)

Regards,

Hein

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hein

yes, creating seperate storage type for racking and floor is a solution.

but if we want to keep it as whole room as One Storage type.

what you think about putaway strategy "P" Pallet putaway strategy. if we consider floor as speerate BIN TYPE and define BIN TYPE and SUT permitted . And Allowed SU in that BIN TYPE.

your opnion please.

thanks & best regards

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

You got to think about the STOCK REMOVAL also.

I will go for 2 different storage types 1) with the HIGH RACK 2) FIXED BIN I will replenish the fixed bin every time with a pallet quantity.

My stock removal would be M (large/small) for the Fixed bin storage type and F (fifo) for the HIGH rack

Material master should be maintained.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi James,

Yes, you could setup different bin types for the different areas. I have not used it in this way, but always went with the following logic: If the structure differs, it's a new ST...and this works very well in our FMCG industry.

My putaway strategy on my racking is "L" and on my bulk area "B". SFIFO is used to get the oldest stock from both ST's for sales.

Regards,

Hein