cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open PDF in Webdynpro does not work anymore after implementing EHP5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Webdynpro Gurus,

We recently implemented Enhancement Pack 5 at our ECC 6.0 system and now on our Webdynpro application to display an archived PDF does not function properly anymore.

In this webdynpro we have a function to display a PDF form which was archived as a PDF at the contenserver. The Webdynproscreen contains an element 'InteractiveForm' and the content of the PDF is converted to XSTRING via 'ALINK_RFC_TABLE_GET' and 'SCMS_BINARY_TO_XSTRING' to an URL. The content of the XSTRING table and the URL are bound to the properties 'PDFSource' of the InteractiveForm element.

This used to work perfectly before the upgrade.

When I try to display the PDF the program dumps with the message: "WebDynpro Exception: ADS call failed Invalid HTTP connection: ADS''.

However, we dont use and ADS here en I also dont want to display an Interactive Form. We want to display a static non changeble form.

I have looked at lots of things, SICF-services, properties of the InteractiveForm element in the Webdynpro, but all without luck. Also standard Webdynpros like 'WDR_TEST_ADOBE' doesnt work and gives the same dump! Thefor I suspect it's a system setting that is not correct.

Does anybody have a clue as to what could be teh problem here?

I heard that EHP5 contains a lot of changes related to the displaying of PDF's so this might also be one.

OK any help of input would be greastly appreciated!

Thanks en regards,

Erik

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Note 1586295 - IFbA: Calling the ADS unnecessarily

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I just wanted to say that I found a solution. Implementing Note '1586295 - IFbA: Calling the ADS unnecessarily' did the trick!

Regards,

Erik