Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

help help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys..

thanks for ur help yesterday...

I have got few more basic doubts..

1)when communicating with XI wats the difference and scenario of using RFC, BAPIs , IDOC and Proxy-ABAP?

2)Lets say I have to integrate my system with mySAP CRM, i came to knw that there are interface and adapters in-built provided by SAP?/ whre can i find them on my system?

3) Lets say I have to integrate my system with my vendor system which is over the internet..Can u explain me in brief how wud that scenario work step by step including the interface and messages involved?

once again thanks in advance..

gaurav

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

<i>when communicating with XI wats the difference and scenario of using RFC, BAPIs , IDOC and Proxy-ABAP?</i> --> Not clear with your question, explain more. XI is used for connecting various systems in your landscape.

<i>have to integrate my system with mySAP CRM, i came to knw that there are interface and adapters in-built provided by SAP?/ whre can i find them on my system?</i> --> Integration of R/3 and CRM? or any other legacy system with CRM? Am not sure about CRM, but in SRM SAP provides some inbuild proxies and function modules. Should be similar with CRM, I beleive. You can find the proxies in SPROXY in CRM. Also find the message types, interfaces in IR(pre-defined).

Regards,

Jai Shankar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi jai..

sorry for the confusion..

basically i m tryin to connect my R/3 to XI. I am confused since i am a newbie that wat interface shud i use out of RFC, BAPi, IDOCs and Proxy-ABAP??

wat are the pros and cons of each technique and when to use them specifically??

thanks,

gaurav

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Gaurav,

take a look at this blog.

It has all answers for which adapter to be used for integrating with an R3 system,

/people/ravikumar.allampallam/blog/2005/08/14/choose-the-right-adapter-to-integrate-with-sap-systems

Regards,

bhavesh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Gaurav,

<i>3) Lets say I have to integrate my system with my vendor system which is over the internet..Can u explain me in brief how wud that scenario work step by step including the interface and messages involved?</i>

You can use HTTP adapters or Webservices for such scenarios.

For info on Webservice, take a look at these 2 documents,]

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/d23cbe11-0d01-0010-5287-873...

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/befdeb90-0201-0010-059b-f22...

Regards,

Bhavesh