cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Partner determination

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

i want to know the difference between the partner function Sales employee (PE) and employee responsible ( ER ) , both having partner type PE .

i understand that i need to do config in partner determination to use sales employee for generatign report on sales volume.

but bit confused which partner function to use?

i know i can create sales employee by t-code PAL1 or VPE1. But do we need HR module for that ?

if i want to use without HR module, then by activating trasport request in "sales distribution--master data-business patner- use sales employee with out HR " can i proceed?

we do not have HR module.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

partner function Sales employee (PE) and employee responsible ( ER ) both are almost similar. but in your case you can proceed with PE. partner function ER is the employee responsible for sales at customer(the sales employee who frequently communicate to the customer Ex:Sales rep or credit rep).

As you said you can go with our HR module but ask your HR consultant to create a sales employee.

Thank you,

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per requirement it is possible to create a Sales Employee without HR as you mentioned, but both Person responsible and Sales Employee (PE) are not one and same. For sales it is recommended to use only Sales Employee with Partner determination &. In case of any service activity use Employee responsible (ER) by partner determination with Work centre in CS module, for service activity

Also .f you do not use the Human Resources application component (HR), you can transport the HR tables that you need for creating, changing or displaying a sales employee from your client XXX into the target client. here you must have two transport requests. Report RPUTRL00 is called and updates the Customizing and system tables in separate transport requests.

Hope the answer is clear

Regards

DSR