cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP GUI 7.30, Security Configuration Sneak Preview

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SAP GUI Users,

We have posted a blog entry shedding light on some of the new features in the upcoming 7.30 release of SAP GUI.

I would like to encourage you to take a look at the text and share your opinion with us.

The purpose of the blog is to gather user feedback as early as possible and help us improving the user experience of the application.

You can find the blog at the following address: [http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/26958]

Thanks and Best Regards,

Vasil Bachvarov

SAP GUI Developer

Edited by: Vasil Bachvarov on Oct 25, 2011 11:14 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have been hearing rumors about this 7.30 release. Is there such a periodical or news letter called the "SAP GUI Insider"? I need access to as much technical information as possible to build an acceptance case within my company. Is there an article that covers "What's New in 7.30" besides Security trested in Vasil Bachvarov's Blog? My SAP GUI 7.20 Deployment Project took six months of phased testing so I need to start the ground work now.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, Mr. Mead,

We have created this blog entry as a test to see if there is interest about SAPGUI 7.30 outside.

As far as I know, there is no other detailed information about the upcoming version.

I will bring this topic to discussion and I'll keep you posted.

Best Regards,

Vasil Bachvarov

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any news ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mr. Budilov,

Because of low feedback level regarding our latest post "SAP GUI 7.30, Security Configuration Sneak Preview" we have decided to focus our efforts on the development process rather than posting more information. Should more people be interested in this topic we could consider providing more details.

For specific inquiries I would recommend posting to the SAP GUI forum directly.

Thanks for your interest!

Best Regards,

Vasil Bachvarov

former_member194147
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vasil,

Do you have any idea regarding the release date of SAP GUI 7.30 and Is it possible to get the beta version right now?

Thanks,

Dhananjay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, Dhananjay,

Most probably June 2012, but we cannot guarantee 100%.

Best Regards,

Vasil

Eniedfeldt
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Vasil:

Can't help but notice that the end-of-life for sap gui 7.20 has been set for 09.04.2013.  That seems pretty early, considering 7.30 isn't in production yet.

1.  Any idea when 7.30 will be in production (not beta)

2.  Will 7.20 end-of-life (or end of support) be extended further than April of 2013?

Thanks much!

Edward

jude_bradley
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Edward,

The EOL of 7.20 Gui is dicated by the Microsoft Visual Studio lifetime.

Since 7.20 was built on Visual Studio 2008, the support for this product ends in April too.

There will be no extended EOL after April 2013.

7.30 Gui is scheulded to be released quite soon.

Hope this can help somewhat.

Jude