cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revenue recognition with COGS

0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I have finished some testing on Revenue Recognition function.

and I see the condition VPRS can be recorded in table VBREVE and transfer the cost to CO-PA by running VF44.

But I wonder how about accounting document of COGS?

Is it possible to create fi doc of COGS by running VF44 just like the revenue?

My purpose is to realize COGS and revenue in Accounting at the same time, not COGS in PGI and revenue in VF44.

I set a provisional GL account instead of real GL account of COGS when PGI, just like setting provisional GL account in VKOA for revenue.

But no idea when to create accounting doc to nullify the provisional GL account of COGS.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

0 Kudos

Hi,

I really appreciate that if someone else would share his precious expeniences on this issue.

Best regards,

Chiuyi

Edited by: Chiu Yi Chen on Oct 27, 2011 10:16 AM

former_member188076
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chiuyi,

Did you get any solution or response from SAP or from some other source?

Since I too am looking for solution for the same.

Thanks in advance for your support.

Thanks and regards,

Amitesh Anand

0 Kudos

Hi Amitesh,

Sorry for response late.

I did not get any solution from SAP. The OSS just told me to read the page 33 in the best practices Part 2

which is the only one section relevant to COST in all the Best Practices doc.

But It talks about CO-PA not how to deal with COGS.

Once you activate the RR function, while doing PGI, SAP creates accounting doc as usual, keeps COGS(VPRS) in RR table

(table VBREVE ). At the same time ,SAP creates a record for REVENUE in table VBREVE, that is so-called REVENUE LINES.

Executing VF44 to recognize revenue is just create accounting doc for REVENUE which the GL account is from table VBREVE

and transfers the Revenue and COGS to the CO-PA as well.

In brief, the table VBREVE keeps GL account for REVENUE but 'VPRS' for COGS in field SAKRV.

In my opinion, RR function is not to deal with COGS and there is no relevant settings for this purpose.

And developing ABAP code in BTE, enhancements or something like that is risky.

You may search for other solutions.

Best regards,

Chiuyi

former_member188076
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chiuyi,

Thanks for the information and guidance.

I am trying to achieve it through some work-around but not sure as of now.

I will share it, if will be able to achieve the same.

Thanks and regards,

Amitesh ANand

0 Kudos

Hi Amitesh,

Good to know you still work on this issue.

Hope to learn more from your sharing.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Chiuyi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chiuyi,

were you ably to resolve the issue you had on deferring cogs and then realising it at the time of VF44?

Thanks

Raj

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

If you have already sent to SAP then request you to kindly update to the SAP.So that they can provide you the solution as you need approval from SAP.

Regards

Srinath

0 Kudos

Actually, I did send a message to SAP 4 working days ago. but no response so far.

I really appreciate you experts are willing to share experiences of implementing RR, especially how to deal with COGS.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If this question is directly written to SAP that would be better as even for Activation you need an approval from SAP. SO when you need an RR with COGS i would suggest you to put the msg to SAP directly.

regards,

Sudhir