Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuring error message in BEx link in SPM 2.1

deeraj_shetty
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Currently working on Spend Performance Management(SPM) 2.1 application. I am trying to configure error message which pops up along with BEx link whenever we run reports with large amount of data.

I would like to configure error message so that it displays "Large data in report", hence user find it easier to understand why he is being given BEx link.

Please guide me on this.

Regards,

Deeraj.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deeraj,

With an Administrator role go to Administration -> Analysis Administration -> Application properties.

In the centre of the dialogue on the first tab is a customisable message dialogue. You can enter the text of your choice here.

Hope this helps

Kind regards

Neil

deeraj_shetty
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Neil,

I have already tried this option but still am not able to see any changes in error message which gets displayed along with BEx link.

Is there any work around for this?

Regards,

Deeraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deeraj,

Do you have the content creator role assigned to yourself?

If so, unassign it, or log in with a user that doesn't have that role and retry.

The content creator role has some limitations.

Does that work?

Thanks

Neil

deeraj_shetty
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Neil,

I tried it with regular user, but still don't see the customized message getting reflected.

Regards,

Deeraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

As suggested above , you'd have to remove content creator role if your user profile has it .

When you go to

- application properties > General > Warning mesg for large reports(field) and

- change the default message ,

- hit save logout of the application ,

- log back in

- go back to application properties > General > Warning mesg for large reports(field) and

Do you see the message you had entered in step 2 above?

deeraj_shetty
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Madhav,

Yes, I did that. Whatever I had typed in custom message is retained even after multiple logins. Still get random errors whenever BEx link shows up. Report works fine in BEx.

Please guide.

Regards,

Deeraj