cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How - Custom Java App->SRM Integration

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am looking to replicate some of the "Request for Quotation" creation/management functionality from SRM in a custom application (for business/technical/ease-of-use reasons) and send the created RFQs over to SAP SRM. Can I use XI to send RFQs into SRM (I know I can retrieve them using XI for custom supplier apps, but can I send them in as well)?

While reviewing the EBP mappings in Integration Builder, I see there is a mapping for RequestForQuotation_Create_Out, but not for RequestForQuotation_Create_In. Is it possible to add this mapping?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Let me rephrase my question and see if I can get any responses!

Essentially, what BAPI is available to me in SRM to create and/or modify a Request for Quotation? Also, is there a place for me to review the BAPI reference for SRM?

I am obviously a novice to all things SAP and SRM. Please bear with me and my questions.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Conceicao,

Hi. I think RFQ's exist on your R/3 backend and not in SRM. As far as I know SRM can hold shopping carts and PO's (When using the extended classic senario). This would explain why you can't find this in XI.

Check with you applicaiton team who should be able to talk you though how SRM works, or alternatively there are auite a few documents on http://service.sap.com/srm

On a more technical level :-->

You can search for BAPI's using transaction BAPI on the backend, or the BSP as below.

http://<YourHostName>:<8000>/sap/bc/bsp/sap/webservicebrowser/search.html

Where <YourHostName> is the fully qualified host name, <8000> is the valid port of the Web Application Server. (See transaction SMICM in need). If there is a valid BAPI (Or RFC enabled function module) then these can be called via XI. You might need to create the configuration behind it though.

Regards

Rob