cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using navigational attributes in selection for a forecast profile

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I could understand that the forecasting can be done on navigational attributes.

But when I goto transaction /SAPAPO/MSDP_FCST2, I could not create a selection on navigational attribute.

Because I could not see the navigational attribute field in the selection screen for selection criteria/profile creation.

Does anyone have any idea of how to do this?

Also I saw the method SEL_CHANGE of BADI /SAPAPO/SDP_FCST5. But the documentation is confusing, since it says that using this method, we could delete the navigational attributes from the selection condition. Could any one suggest me how to use this BADI if I cannot create a selection with navigational attribute?

Thanks,

Suresh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

As per standard design you can't save forecast profiles in transaction /SAPAPO/MSDP_FCST2 with the selection with navigation attribute.You can filter navigation attributes using BADI /SAPAPO/SDP_FCST5 method SEL_CHANGE .

Note 394076 explains this BADI with sample code.Pleae check the note.

Regards,

Sunitha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunitha,

Thanks a ton for your reply.

The real problem is the OSS note is confusing.

OSS Note for this method says "This method can be used to change the selection to be stored in

in the generated selection table. Navigation attributes can be removed, such as the function of assigning a forecast

profile to the selection can also be allowed for selections with navigation attribute without a basic characteristic."

I am really confused what it says.

If we can't create a navigational attribute for a selection, how could we delete it from a selection?

Thanks,

Suresh

Answers (0)