cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Write HCM Employee to SAP Master Task Runs twice

mubarakshabna_asmi
Participant
0 Kudos

We have IDM 7.1 SP3 implemented. It is used to create ids triggered by the RPLDAP_EXTRACT_IDM job that runs periodically in the HCM system. It has been running fine for the past year.

Now we would like to put a condtion on an attribute where we check for its value and in certain exception conditions the job stops and sends an email.

The issue is for every pernr on the first run the 'Write HCM Employee to SAP Master' task runs twice therefore sending the email twice. I am not sure where the setting is to fix this. But this happens on the first time the pernr is run, if I run the pernr again the task executes only once.

Any ideas. Your time is much appreciated.

Thanks

Shabna

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

mubarakshabna_asmi
Participant
0 Kudos

Any ideas anyone.

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hmmm you could stick a uSendSMTP function call in the script. I believe the same script is used for each attribute when processing the HCM feed via VDS. My suggestion would be to make a copy of the script and insert your extra code. This would keep the extra code/evaluations from being considered when working on other attributes.

This should help you get the troubleshooting data you are seeking.

mubarakshabna_asmi
Participant
0 Kudos

Matt,

Thanks for taking the time. I am using a copy of the sap_sendemail for the custom mail and it uses the uSendSMTPMessage function.

I think I figured out why it is happening. THE MX_HCM_EMPLOYEE entry type in the HCM_STAGING_AREA id store had Add and modify task as the "Write HCM Employee to SAP Master". I removed the ADD and left just the Modify and it seems to work for both new and already run pernrs. And only one email is generated. I am going to test with all existing conditions to see if it still works.

I totally agree with your suggestion. I am reading additional attributes from HCM, so made a copy of the orignal pass and all original scripts and using them.

Thanks

Shabna

mubarakshabna_asmi
Participant
0 Kudos

This is resolved. The ADD and MOD event tasks for MX_HCM_EMPLOYEE were pointing to "Write HCM Employee To SAP Master" task. Hence the duplicate run. I removed it off of the ADD task and now it runs only once. It works for both new and modified pernrs.

Thanks

Shabna