Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to activate BI content in PPM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

It's a very simple question.

I'm navigating under Portfolio Management -> Reports where I can find lots of SAP PPM BW standar reports.

In order to see this content in PPM, In my corporative BW I have activated all the related and standar Business content required (data extractors, cubes, queries, Web templates...).

But when I clic on any of these links in PPM, the system shows me the following error: Error loading template 0TPLI_0RPM_DS06_Q0001. I suppose PPM tryes to call the BW Web Template as an external application but is not able to find it.

Could you kindly tell me the steps required to configurate PPM in order to point to an external BW Web Template correctly? Something in spro?

Thanks in advance,

Abby.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

FA1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

did you follow the instructions of Configuration Content (available as PDF attachment to [SAP Note 1411953|https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1411953]) ?

Did you define SM59 destination SAP_BW ? (which must point to your BW system)

Kind regards,

Florian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi florian,

Thank you very much for your reply. As far as I know this tutorial doesn't contain any extra step.

- In BW side I have configured RFC connection (sm59) and Logical system to PPM. I have activated the BI content and data extractors, and I can execute the Web Templates correctly!

- After that, In PPM side, I have also configured RFC connection and Logical system pointing to BW in PPM side. But When I access to any report in report tab shows the error. It seems that PPM doesnt' find the Web Template. Should I configure any extra step in SPRO in PPM?

Any answer will be appreciated,

Abby

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

FA1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

did you check the user mapping? The user in PPM system must also either exist in BW system or an appropriate user mapping has to be configured.

Please also make sure SAP_BW points to BEx Web Application.

You may also check SAP Note 1055324.

Kind regards,

Florian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Florian,

Thank you for your help. The problem has been solved just creating the SM59 with the correct alias SAP_BW.

Thanks and regards,

Marta.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Abby,

I have to do the necessary to be able to use BI reports in PPM. But i don't know how to proceed. Can you please help me?

How you do to activated all the related and standar Business content required (data extractors, cubes, queries, Web templates...)?

Can you please describe me all steps to be able run BI reports in PPM?

You help will be enormously appreciated.

Thank you in advance,

Amal

FA1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

... and if your are using SAP Enterprise Portal: Besides SM59, also system alias SAP_BW in portal?

Former Member
0 Kudos

The sort question is,

Is it possible to show BW standar report content from an external BW (not BW embebed in PPM)? How?

It means, Once you have activated the standar BI content in a SAP BW, How can we see it in PPM?

Thanks and regards,

Abby.