cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTTP to RFC - Async scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I am getting the following error when working with HTTP to RFC Asynchronous scenario (In this scenario, my client sends data through scheduling like per day at around 25 to 30 messages out of which 1 or 2 messages are in errored out with the following error message)

ERROR:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>

<!-- Request Message Mapping --> <SAP:Error xmlns:SAP="http://sap.com/xi/XI/Message/30" xmlns:SOAP="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" SOAP:mustUnderstand="">

<SAP:Category>Application</SAP:Category>

<SAP:Code area="MAPPING">EXCEPTION_DURING_EXECUTE</SAP:Code>

<SAP:P1>com/sap/xi/tf/_MM_xxxxxxxxxxxx_~</SAP:P1>

<SAP:P2>com.sap.aii.utilxi.misc.api.BaseRuntimeException:</SAP:P2>

<SAP:P3>Invalid byte 1 of 1-byte UTF-8 sequence.</SAP:P3>

<SAP:P4/>

<SAP:AdditionalText/>

<SAP:Stack>Runtime exception occurred during application mapping com/sap/xi/tf/_MM_xxxxxxxxx_~; com.sap.aii.utilxi.misc.api.BaseRuntimeException:Invalid byte 1 of 1-byte UTF-8 sequence.

</SAP:Stack>

<SAP:Retry>M</SAP:Retry>

</SAP:Error>

However if I process the same error message manually, it is processing sucessfully.

Please help me in resolving this issue.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> <SAP:P3>Invalid byte 1 of 1-byte UTF-8 sequence.</SAP:P3>

Your incoming XML is not valid. Fix this at sender site.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Stefan,

Thanks for fast reply,

you are right, an invalid character is comming into the XML, but when I view the source code I dont find any invalid character in the corresponding XML TAG, I am unable to resolve this.

Regards

Madhu

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

download the XML and use an hex editor to view the hex codes of the characters.

Is there a non-ascii character like á ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Stefan,

I don't find any non-ascii character in that respective XML Tags.

As I explained you, Suppose when there is an invalid character in the XML tags, even it should not process the message when I process it manually, But it is sucessfully processing(when manually processing).

Below are the few XML Tags at which the invalid character is comming(message is errored out) in this XML Tags, but i dont find any invalid character in these

Can you please help us in resolving this.

Regards

Madhu

aashish_sinha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please download XML file and check if XML is valid. It seems like XML is not in proper format hence this error. Else other possibilities are already written by Stefan.

Regards

Aashish Sinha