Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOAP-Application without XI

kai_gebhardt
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

we've upgraded our ECC 6.0 to ECC 6.0 with EHP4 - without any XI-System!

Before that we used an SOAP-Application witihout problems. This WebService (Java Appliaction on a WebServer) formats an output from a report to PDF, ODF, DOCX and special formating. The user hits in SAPGUI on a button "start formating". Then an abap proxy is called to send the xml to an webserver which does the formating and sends it back.

After the update, the application didn't work. First, we got the error SoapFaultCode:3. I found several postings in the SDN, that we had to change the parameter "Message-ID-Protokoll" to "supress ID Transfer" in soamanager -> configuration of logical port.

After this, the application said "GET_BUSINESS_SYSTEM_ERROR". So I created a business system under the ECC-System and client in the SLD.

I called the application to format a report-output again and now the error says "INTERNAL.SYSTEM_NOT_CONFIGURED_AS_XMB". I searched in SDN and several User wrote, that the solution is creating the Inegration Engine in SXMB_ADM. So I also did this (without Integration Server-URL), but the next error should be the one which brings me to the end:

INTERNAL.INTEGRATION_SERVER_URL_MISSING

OK - thus we don't use XI, I can't insert a URL for Integration Server in SXMB_ADM, but it seems the application want's this.

Is it possible that somewhere a parameter was set, why the ABAP Proxy thinks it has to use an XI-System? Some change has to come with EHP 4, because before that, everything worked finde.

I hope somebody understands this problem and has a solution.

Best regards,

Kai

Edited by: Kai Gebhardt on Oct 24, 2011 2:29 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

nikhil_bose
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Kai,

There is no restriction like through XI only ABAP can access web services in EhP4. Can you check PI component version after upgrade ?

I believe after EhP4 upgrate, there are few more configuration steps and development changes needed to be done. But it can be done.

Regards,

Nikhil

kai_gebhardt
Participant
0 Kudos

Actually, our problem was solved last week via SAP Hotline.

The Problem was, that the checkbox for "Standard Port" was set, but it did'nt work. We had to uncheck the checkbox, save the port and activate the checkbox again. After that, it worked.

The EHP-Update changed the behaviour somehow.

Best regards,

Kai

Answers (0)