Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rework Order Costs

kandati_subramanyam
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All,

In our scenario,both the Raw materials and FG materials are non valuated.

We have the following 5 activity types to capture the Conversion Cost.

Labour

Setup

Testing

Overtime

Rework

We have estimated the cost for FG Material by KKPAN for all 5 activity types.

Created the production order for FG material and also created the Rework Order without FG material

In the routing of FG material, we have maintained standard values (hours) for labour,set up ,testing,and overtime activities

and maintained rework activity in the reference operation set.

When we view the FG material order (i.e main order),I could able to see the Target Cost only for Labour,Setup,Testing & Overtime Activity.

and when I see the Rework Order,target costs are not appearing for Rework activity.

Is somewhere missed the settings either in CO or PP for getting the Target cost in the Rework Order?

How the standard system would behave in the case of rework order right from creation of order till the settlement interms of target cost & actaul costs and its impact on the main order .

Can anybody throw some light on this.

Thanks in advance

Su

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

If the rework order is created w/o material - Thtere is no question of target costs

br, Ajay M

kandati_subramanyam
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Mr Ajay,

If the Rework is w/o materails,you said that there is no target costs.

In that case how the rework cost will be loaded on STANDARD COST for valuation of FG Inventory.

Also share what is the procedure for Rework Orders in terams of calculation of varaince & settlement.

Regards

Su

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Subbu

Entire rework cost is a variance... Settle the rewor order to main order and calculate variances on main order

br, Ajay M

kandati_subramanyam
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Mr Ajay,

When I try to calculate the variances to main order,the system showing an error that it cannot calculate the variances as the receiver is not the material (since FG is a non valuated materail),so we can't calculate the variances for both the orders. Is it correct?

I have done settlement of rework order to main order and settled this main order to PSG as FG is non valuated materail.

When I settled the main order to PSG,the actual costs of all the activities (as there were no variances) including rework order are flowing to PSG.

Is the sytem behaves correctly here.

Can you please give your opinion on this.

Regards

Subbu

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, thats correct.. There would be no variances in this case

br, Ajay M

kandati_subramanyam
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Mr Ajay