cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to install additional J2EE instance?

former_member1173626
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello all,

We have completed an distributed system insallation (DB and SCS on one box, CI on another box).

We would like to add a second J2EE instance on another box and then use the web dispatcher to load balance between the two.

What are the options to select from sapinst? I thought there would have been another option under "Distrubuted System", but it only has the SCS install, DB install, and CI install.

How do I run an install to scale my distributed system to add another J2EE instance?

I really need help in this areay and any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,

Mike

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

do you want to install this another j2ee for failover scenario or you just want to connect these 2 engines?

best regards,

mladen

eddy_declercq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check this thread:

Eddy

PS.

Put yourself on the SDN world map (http://sdn.idizaai.be/sdn_world/sdn_world.html) and earn 25 points.

Spread the wor(l)d!

former_member1173626
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mladen,

No, not just failover. I want to have load balancing between the two, so both will be active at the same time.

Thanks,

Mike

former_member1173626
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Eddy,

I've seen that thread and others, but as in that thread (and even in the SAP Help on "Adding a Dialog Instance"), you see references to MaxDB.

I'm using MS SQL Server and with the NW 2004s SPS08 install, the only place that "Install Dialog Instance" appears is within the High Availability option.

I have installed using the options from the Distributed System option. In that option, there are only 3 steps (Install SCS, Install DB, Install CI). There is no 4th option that says "Install Dialog".

So I'm still confused as to where and how I add another Java instance to my existing CI instance that I installed using the Distributed System option.

Thanks for your help,

Mike

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

For Dialog in each case you use remoteDB/Message Server and SCS so you have to choose the Dialog instalation from the central Tab

best regards,

MLaden

former_member1173626
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Mladen,

I am still not seeing what the options are on the install.

When I run sapinst.exe from the installation master and it starts up, what are the exact options that I choose?

Thanks,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

Can you try from the installation:

SAP NW'04 Java System (J2EE) -> MS SQL Server ->

-> Distributed Systems -> Dialog Instance Installation

Or you do not need to ad just Dialog instance?

best regards,

mladen

former_member1173626
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mladen,

I found an option at the following path for my sapinst:

SAP NetWeaver 2004s Support Release 1

> Additional Software Life-Cycle Tasks

> Application Server

> MS SQL Server

> Dialog Instance

I'm going to try that option. Will let you know if it works.

Thanks,

Mike