cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

quantity service contracts

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a requirement where my company and our client is engaged in a contract which is based on total tonnage to be supplied. But the material will be decided at the time of order. Also based on tonnage, we give bonus on quantity.

I was wondering if I can config this in SAP. I was reading somewhere, there is something called as Quantity service contract which can be done on total value / contract.

any help??

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes you can go with Quantity Contract where you maintain some maximum quantity so that you can change the same while creating sale order.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmipathi,

i was waiting for your reply.

anyways. Can u tell me how should i proceed to create quantity contract with dummy material and where i can maintain maximum quantity.

Former Member
0 Kudos

How do i maintain maximum quantity

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If I am right, once you are into Overview screen of the contract, there is a field "Target Quantity" where you need to maintain. Of course, I am not sure on this text as I right now, I dont have access to SAP.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi I have created a quantity contract with one line item. Now i have created a release order referring to this contract. After saving this release order, my order quantity contract is not getting updated.

I also want to know how i can alert user while create releasing order if the order quantity is more than the target quantity.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have resolved the issue for open orders.

But i stuck with the same issue of creating contract with dummy material.

Is there a way the system can notify user for open sales order of the customer while creating sales order for the customer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is there way where i can restrict the quantity of sub items on Higher level Item.

Because. if i create a dummy material for contract and create release order with reference to this contract. there should be a check where the total quantity of materials ordered doesnt not go beyond quantity of dummy material

Former Member
0 Kudos

Basically the requirement is that sum of all the sub level items should not exceed higher level item. Is there a check in SAP Standard for this?

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Cant you map in Quantity contract by using dummy material?

- Create dummy material

-Create Quantity contract for this dummy material. Here quantity matters, not the material

- whenever client place request, create release order wrt: Qtty contract, now map the item category to change the behaviour of this Dummy material as per requirement.( you can copy this Dummy material until Invoice but with Zero value, only qtty will get copied and you can have track of sold qtty- until end of contracted qtty)

- Add actual material in another line item which you will know only at the time of Order

Hope it helps

Regards,

Reazuddin MD

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

If i create dummy material then while creating release order I will not be able to add other materials. and even i am able to, their quantity will not be adjusted against dummy material quantity in contract.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Could you please elaborate " But the material will be decided at the time of order"

Regards

Chandrasekhar