cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSO Between EP & Other JAVA Instances (Like BI-JAVA, CLM, NAKISA)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

As per SAP Note # 711769, we only need to exchange the certificates between 2 JAVA based systems to configure SSO.

I have exchanged the certificates between EP (7.01) & BI-JAVA (7.01). Created the System iView for BI-JAVA in EP. Now, when I try to do the connection test for the BI-JAVA system iview, the 3rd test always fails stating "make sure SSO is configured correctly".

I searched the SDN for this issue & got couple of relevant threads also, but still no luck

Can someone please help me with elaborated steps on how ti fix this issue?

Regards,

Ashish

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

lukemarson
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish,

In the Visualization Solutions by Nakisa (VSN) solutions, SSO is done within the application AdminConsole and not in the Portal/NWCE platform itself.

Best regards,

Luke

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish,

Are you sure the user which is used to login and test the SSO in EP exist in BI-JAVA?

I am not sure which SSO method you setup but wanted to give a clue.

Thanks,

Siva Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

In EP, i have id test123. In BI-JAVA its user mapped to BI-ABAP. ID test123 exists on BI-ABAP.

In simple terms, I can login to both EP & BI-JAVA using ID test123.

Regards,

Ashish

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you please check default trace file of your portal system from where you are checking SSO to get more insight into this problem ? Please also paste error log here.

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunny,

There seems some connection problem in dev_jrfc.trc file:

Removed by moderator

Any suggestions???

Message was edited by: Moshe Naveh

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please make sure that while you are configuring SSO between systems there ip address against hostname should be present in /etc/hosts file of both the systems.

You can try to ping hostname of one of the systems from other to make sure this is not the problem.

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

there ip address against hostname should be present in /etc/hosts file of both the systems.

If the internal DNS servers are well configured, this is absolutely not necessary and it is even a bad idea.

Regards,

Olivier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Pinging of hostnames & IP addresses is working fine. Moreover, both BI-JAVA & BI-ABAP are installed on same server. SSO between EP & BI-ABAP is working fine, but not for EP & BI-JAVA !!!

Regards,

Ashish

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

@Olivier: I agree with you but i have seen many instances where DNS is not configured. Thats why i suggested above.

@Ashish: could you please check in default trace files as above is not your case because both are on same server.

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Removed by moderator

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish,

Could you please see if the Note 834589 - Locking problems in J2EE/Java servers helps.

Note 956870 - Standalone enqueue server overload

Br,

Venky

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venky,

As per your suggested note, updated enque parameters in SCS instance pprofile, restarted the system & here is the default trace:

-Removde by moderator

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish,

Please use the note number 1045019 and apply the web diagtool....After deploying the PAR file with this SAP notes, please replicate the error and you will get the correct logs only related to SSO.

If you still face any issue, please let me know, I will provide STEP by step process Guide for configuring SSO.

I have also faced many issues related to SSO. So first, go through this note and I am sure you will be able to resolve this issue.

Waiting for reply

Regards

Dbalhara

Former Member
0 Kudos

Removed by moderator

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you added your BI-Java system as trusted system at NWA of EP

Please check the entry

NWA -

>System Management----->Configuration----.>Trusted System

in EP for BI Java...

Waiting for reply

Dbalhara

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have already added trusted systems in both sides i.e. EP & BI-JAVA.

Regards,

Ashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish

Can you please let me know how you are checking the SSO? (Through URL replacement or user loing)

Waiting for reply

Dbalhara

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dbalhara,

I login to EP & then open a new tab in my browser & enter BI-JAVA url, I am automatically logged in to BI-JAVA showing that EP is creating the SSO ticket & BI-JAVA is accepting the ticket.

But, in EP when I do connection tests (System Administration -> System Configuration -> Portal Content -> Systems -> BI_JAVA (right click -> Connection Tests) -> here the 3rd test always fails. Can we pass this test? (FYI: This test is successful for EP & BI-ABAP).

Regards,

Ashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish,

Thanks for writing back.

My question is why/how you have created the system object for BI Java system on EP. Which of the following template you have used

Choose Template:

BI JDBC System

BI ODBO-Compliant OLAP System

BI SAP Query System

BI XMLA-Compliant OLAP System

EP 5.0 System

HTTP System

JDBC System

KM Lotus System

KM WebDAV System

KM Windows System

MDM System

SAP system using connection string

SAP system using dedicated application server

SAP system with load balancing

Web Service System using WSDL URL

As per my understanding system objects are used for backend systems.

If you want to display the content of one portal system to other, then FPN should be configured.

Waiting for reply

Dbalhara

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sorry for the delay, got stuck somewhere.

I created the system iview using the "dedicated application server" option.

Regards,

Ashish