SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billing flat rate devices

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a requirement where we need to model lights in IS-U as flat-rate devices. Client has SAP ERP implemented already and lights are modeled as piece of equipments. Work orders are created against these equipments and they also maintain address/location of these street lights. We're planning to model these lights as reference values and use 'Equipment' field to hold the equipment number of each light in IS-U. However client has few customers that have more than 1000 lights, and we think using this model will definitely deteriorate the performance of the system. If we use the repetition factor and not model as individual light, then we will lose the ability to create work orders on individual lights and also we will not be able to search the customer using the equipment number.

Can you please advise if there are any other solution alternatives that we can consider to resolve this issue?

Thanks,

Sachin

1 REPLY 1

0 Kudos

Hi Sachin

We have a similar issue. In some cases the customer has about 3,000 lights.

We are thinking about creating separate contracts and assigning the lights into smaller groups, say by street, to keep the situation manageable. So rather than one contract, maybe a large customer might have 5 or 6.

We are looking at adding the PM equipment to the operand on an installation fact. However, currently we have a link between the PM equipment and our legacy billing system. Using this approach we will be able to see the equipment from the installation fact. But on the equipment there is no indication as to the installation, or business partner etc., the light belongs to. At least, I cannot see any such link.

Additionally, when adding the equipment to the installation fact there is no standard edit to ensure the equipment is active or the correct object type, etc. So I am pushing for some kind for edit to check this stuff, perhaps with updating a characteristic on the equipment to give the link back to IS-U from the PM module.

I can update you if you like as our thinking evolves and I learn more.

Regards

Philip