cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alert Configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all ,

I need to configure alerts in XI for application messages.

Example : When a PO is send from the legacy system to SAP System, the receiving system ( SAP R/3 ) doesn't contain the vendor mentioned in PO. for this type of scenario, i need to configure alerts.

Yours inputs will be more apprecited

Many thnz for help in advance.

Cheers

Faheem

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

<i>Example : When a PO is send from the legacy system to SAP System, the receiving system ( SAP R/3 ) doesn't contain the vendor mentioned in PO.</i>

In this you can get the return value from R/3 and basing on that you can create alerts...

Check this thread for alert configuration of your scenarios.

Sekhar

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi vijaya ,

Can u please tell more information regarding the alert configuration in the SAP R/3 .

Whether i need to configure ALRTCATDEF in sap as well ?

Thnz for the help in advance

Cheers

Faheem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohammed,

In the case of R/3 system, you dont have to configure the ALRTCATDEF. When your inbound IDoc is fed into R/3 system and the Vendor data in that IDoc is not existing in the R/3 system, your IDoc will be put into the status 51 - 'Application Data not posted'. You can handle these errors by sending the details of errors to the shared inbox in SAP(Transaction SBWP) or you can send it to the external mail ids by configuring SCOT transaction.

cheers

JK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohamed,

I think u can use the standard BAPI bapi_po_getdetail for this purpose.

Go through these links. Hope these will be of help.

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/09/09/xi-alerts--step-by-step

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/d0/d4b54020c6792ae10000000a155106/content.htm

/people/aravindh.prasanna/blog/2005/12/23/configuring-scenario-specific-e-mail-alerts-in-xi-ccms-part--1

/people/aravindh.prasanna/blog/2005/12/24/configuring-scenario-specific-e-mail-alerts-in-xi-ccms-part-2

Regards,

Divija.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

YOu can keep this check in SAP rather then in SAP XI and raise alert there also.

This will avoid sending messages back to SAP XI.

Before processing the IDoc you can see if the vendor is there an raise alert for the same.

Regards

Vijaya