Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oracle Standby DB with SAP - BRARCHIVE and BRBACKUP

former_member189462
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I was requested to configure and standby Oracle scenario for with SAP. After reviewing many different documentation regarding this, I would like to confirm the following with youu2026How do the BRARCHIVE and BRBACKUP tools should be integrated in this standby/data guard configuration? Actually data guard configuration has been already completed and redo logs are being shipping and applying successfully from primary db to the standby db. Please note that no settings for BRACRHIVE or BRBACKUP have been done so far.

From doc. u201COracle White Paperu2014Setting up Oracle 11g Data Guard for SAP customersu201D, it says that u201CThere is no change to BRARCHIVE configuration necessary. It can work like with any other standolane databaseu201D. What changes or considerations would be required on the current data guard configuration to implement these BRTOOLS? For exampleu2026If I start using BRARCHIVE to copy the offline redo log files from the production database to the standby database, its necessary to disable anything from the current configuration?

Hope I was clear enoughu2026thanks for your help.

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

>> If I start using BRARCHIVE to copy the offline redo log files from the production database to the standby database, its necessary to disable anything from the current configuration?

Why do you need to start BRARCHIVE to copy offline redolog files, into standby?

Best regards,

Orkun Gedik

former_member189462
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Orkun,

If the use of BRARCHIVE is not required or at least is not mandatory to configure an standby db for SAP environments...I've started thinking If I've followed the right process to complete this?

As mentioned if my post the following documentation was used "Oracle White Paperu2014Setting up Oracle 11g Data Guard for SAP customers". Did I follwed the right process or is there any different set of steps to configure Oracle standby DB for SAP using BRARCHIVE and BRBACKUP?

As you can see I'm confused about the Standby DB configuration process for SAP environments.

Any clarification you can provide me regarding this would be highly appreciated.

Regards