Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pricing: Special Free-Of-Charge processing for Portugal

former_member206632
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

First I will explain a legal portuguese requirement regarding VAT in free-of-charge (FOC) items:

01 - If the internal value of an FOC item is < 50 EUR, there is no VAT determined.

02 - If the internal value of an FOC item >= 50 EUR, then VAT has to be determined.

Now the reason for this post:

03 - When VAT is determined it is NOT due by the customer, so it should not to be posted to A/R . The VAT determined is due by the company that offers the goods, so only a G/L posting is required for this VAT amount. This amount is a cost for the company.

To my knowlegde, conditions types of class D (Tax) are posted to A/R (like the standard MWST ). So if VAT is determined, I need a way to override this behaviour, by making the sum of the Net Amount + VAT equal to ZERO . So, if my VAT condition type determines value X, I need a condition type of value -X:

ZWS3 (VAT for FOC Items) = X

ZWSA (Symmetrical) = -X

So far I've been using condition type ZWSA (Class A) with a formula to ensure that no VAT is posted to A/R. By using a custom accounting key in the ZWSA position of the pricing procedure, I determine the G/L account that will receive the cost. The problem with this solution is that the net value of the item becomes (-X). So far it has made no difference since this solution is not used along with the SIS (Sales Information System). Now I need to ensure that the solution works with SIS, so I need the net amount to be ZERO. Can this be achieved in any way? I'm open to solutions involving both customizing and ABAP "tricks".

I hope you understood the context and my requirement.

Regards,

Joã

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member209761
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear João,

As per your post it is understood that you have a VAT condition type ZWS3 and also a -ve condition type ZWSA which will be 100% of the ZWS3.

And since you have assigned to a/c key to ZWSA, not the negative value is getting posted to accounting.

My suggestion is to Add one more line in your pricing procedure

Current procedure

ZWS3 (VAT for FOC Items) = X

ZWSA (Symmetrical) = -X A/C KEY

Proposed Procedure

STEP

100 ZWS3 (VAT for FOC Items) = X

110 ZWSA (Symmetrical) = -X

120 TOTAL VAT VALUE FROM 100 TO 119

130 ZWFL (VAT FINAL) MAINTAIN CONDITION RECORD FOR 100% FROM 120 TO 120 GIVE THE A/C KEY HERE.

HENCE IF ZWS3 = 10 , ZWSA WILL BE -(100% of 10) = -10

Total vat value = 10 +(-10) = 0

ZWFL = 100% of 0 = 0

Check and revert back.

Thanks & Regards,

Hegal K Charles