SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which Bapi should be used to send data to POSDM from 3rd Party POS?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Currently I am working on POSDM. I will be configuring it with 3rd party POS. I want to know that which following BAPI should be used to transfer the data from 3rd party pos to posdm?

1) /POSDW/CREATE_TRANSACTIONS_EXT

2) /POSDW/BAPI_POSTR_CREATE

Currently we are using SAP POS also for different business and for that /POSDW/CREATE_TRANSACTIONS_EXT bapi is being used.

Also one point I would like to tell you, when I see this bapi /POSDW/CREATE_TRANSACTIONS_EXT in SAP PI it exist with the mapping but when i see it in SAP BW there is no table present for this bapi. For this I am using T-code SE37 to see the tables of the bapi's. Tables of /POSDW/BAPI_POSTR_CREATE is present in dev, qlty and production server of SAP BW but for not for /POSDW/CREATE_TRANSACTIONS_EXT. When I look in to the SAP PI, there is no link of /POSDW/BAPI_POSTR_CREATE . Mapping in SAP PI is done only in /POSDW/CREATE_TRANSACTIONS_EXT in dev, qlty and production server of SAP PI. This is creating lit bit confusion. Could you clear this confusion???

Also Can we use two Bapi's simultaneously on the same system. I have heard that If you use two bapi's at one time, then it may lock the database tableobject. For that you have to use TIBQ. Do you have any idea about this how to use this?

Regards,

Nitin

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

/POSDW/BAPI_POSTR_CREATE - is the BAPI to transfer the data to POSDM from POS. which can carry multiple transactions in single structure.

Suggest PI person to use  IDOC Basic type -  /POSDW/POSTR_CREATEMULTIPLE01 to send the data to POSDM (BW)

And suggest Basis person to maintain the process code as BAPI for the in Partner profile maintenance (T.code - we20)

Thanks & Regards

Rakesh  

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

you have to use /POSDW/CREATE_TRANSACTIONS_EXT as it will work for both POS (SAP-POS & any othe thirdparty POS). For other POS Application the only thing you have to do is the required field mapping so that the TLOG which you received from third party POS will have the same structure as you are getting from SAP-POS. this is the simplest way to help your query.

For any BAPI you will be having TIBQ(/n/posdw/qmon) in place as it received all data packets depend on the transaction per packet that you defined so that the system performance will be maintained.

once the data processed from TIBQ you will be able to see in Workbench(/n/posdw/mon0) and in TLOGS table finally.

Hope it helps.

Anup