cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RG1 register entries during GR for Finished goods- in tarde business

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I have to configure trading business scenario, in which my client externally procures the finished good from his vendor and sale the same one with added overheads. I have configured Sales order that reflects item cataory TAB so auto PR generetes during sales order. Base on PR i can do PO followed by MIGO. But during MIGO system omittes error as: Excise Invoice cannot be captured for RG1(Finished Goods) material now here i have to change the material type in j1id from finished good to raw material.Then system allows the transaction.

Please enlight the issue, am i doing the right step or it needs to be corrected, if so please help me out with, how can i handle excise related entries in this transaction (specially for RG1 updation during initial GR)

Thank you in advance..

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When FG trading is involved, RG1 should not be updated. In trading there cannot be CENVAT credit. It is for manufacturing activity only.

You need to update RG23D so that you can pass the exact Excise duty to the customer.

The process is receive Goods, Capture excsie invoice and create excsie invoice from depot for sales to the customer.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Sharan