cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EHP5 post upgrade steps for MSCS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

while upgrading our ERP 6.0 system to EHP5 running on windows MSCS Cluster environment with sql server 2003.

We had followed the procedure mentioned in guide for updating EHp5 in cluster.

1. EHP5 upgrade was run on the first mscs node and finished.

2.Cluster resource dll files updated as per note 1050343.

3.Brought all SAP,SQL and cluster resource group online on node1.

4.As part of post upgrade we started with BSI2010 installation master

dvd and used option EHP5 for SAP ERP6.0 -s/w lifecycle options-Post

upgrade-High availablity system-First MSCS node.

5. We uninstalled the existing ERS running on 700 version to install

new one with 720 but this does not help to run the system in cluster.

Problem is once the ehp5 upgrade completed while performng the post upgrade tasks using the BS2010 inst master cd.

we selected the below options

option EHP5 for SAP ERP6.0 -s/w lifecycle options-Post

upgrade-High availablity system-First MSCS node.

while excuting the above we are unable to proceed as it throws error as

"Cannot find an ABAP CI SAP instance appropriate for clustering"

solution check yourinput data..

Could you please confirm is it really neccesary to run first mscs node and additional node prepartions and then intsall ERS 7 update DI instances on all node...

We have followed SAP note 941092 but unable to resolve...

Thanks in advace..kindly help.

Regards

rasool

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to install ERS only. You can check SAP note 1012486 in section post upgrade activities.

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sunny,

Thanks for the reply...

but can u explain me why the option in sap inst master 51041254_13 SAP ERP6.0 -s/w lifecycle options-Post

upgrade-High availablity system-First MSCS node followed by second node and ERS install

is provided then...

we were upgrading from erp6.0 to ehp5...

Do you mean that we need to skip the first & second node options and directly go with ERS install...

as it was a production system i had to release the system by just intsalling ERS and the system seems working fine not reported any issues till now..hopefully evrything will be fine....

Your advice please

Thanks in advance...

Regards

Rasool

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to install ERS only. You can check same by doing failover testing. You can also perform test related to ERS that are there in the installation guide.

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sunny,

Thank you very much for your advice..

But while installing ERS on node 2 the error appears as "Cannot find an 'Abap or Java SCS' SAP instance appropriate for clustering. SOLUTION: Check your input data.

although i tried moving all SAP resources to node2 ..even tried bring only bringing online shared drive, sapmnt, & saploc resource but still not proceeding...

Since i have already uninstalled ERS on node2.. i need ERS somehow to be installed now...

We have rasied a very high ticket with SAP but awaiting their reply...

Your advice will be helpfull as well..

Thanks & Regards

Rasool

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you will go through the installation guide then there you will find the step Configure Additional MSCS node. You need to perform this step on node2 to install ERS. Please follow installation guide for this step.

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sunny,

Thanks for the answers... issue would have been solved by following your advice...

Also SAP suggested only ers reinstallation shud be enuf...

But since our cluster support was not intsalled in a recomended method...

we are planning to move on to windows 2008 server now...

Thanks once again

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunny/Rasool,

Nice to see the steps for ehp5 upgrade on mscs . we are planning to do the ehp5 upgrade of our prdocution server which is on microsoft cluster environment.I read the steps provided by rasool and the solution to the query by sunny.

our platform is windows 2003 64 bit , databasbe mssql 2005 , microsoft cluster enviroment on two seperate nodes. Node 1- database . node 2 - CI.

Could you please let me know whether , we need to perform extra activities otherthan the steps mentioined by rasool. As i am not good in cluster area , appreciate if you would provide the steps in details and the issue which can occur during the upgrade.

Can we use (ehp5 upgrade master cd instead of ehp5 installation mater cd for installing ER).

please guide to go ahead the upgrade process smoothly...

regards

matt

Answers (0)