cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solman 7.1 Installation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I get to hear from my friends that nowadays SAP would not support dual stack installations. Is it the same case with Solman 7.1 new installation ?

Thanks & Regards

Subba Rao

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

> I get to hear from my friends that nowadays SAP would not support dual stack installations. Is it the same case with Solman 7.1 new installation ?

I don't think so, Solution Manager is I think only ABAP+Java.

Rest you try to go through the installation guide for the Release 7.1

Thanks

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Dear Subba Rao

Your friends are not informed correctly.

Solution Manger 7.1 is dual stack

Just refer to the Installation Guide

Http://service.sap.com/instguides

Of course I have a Java and ABAP Stack in my Solution Manager Test system.

When you view http://service.sap.com/pam

Here you can see End of mainstream maintenance is 31.12.2015

And there is still the options of Extended Maintenance, and then Customer Specific Maintenance, which would extend support well beyond the 2015 date.

Additionally, I work for SAP and support the Solution Manager product and have heard nothing of the such.

I know SAP has SAPJVM so customers do not need to be dependent on 3rd party JVMs.

However, even if at some point SAP decides not to support 3rd party JVMs, again I would refer you to http://service.sap.com/pam

JSE Platforms, as they will be supported for the life of the product.

I hope this information makes things clear regarding Solution Manager 7.1

Reagrds,

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Subba Rao,

I agree with Paul.

Best Regards,

Aditya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for help.

I tried the link service.sap.com/solutionmanager but can't see any installation guide link from the left pane?

Regards

Subba Rao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Could you browse service.sap.com/instguides --> SAP Components --> Solution Manager --> Release you want

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I went through service.sap.com/solutionmanager and could see installation link in the tab 'Nuts & Bolts'

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

In regards to SAPJVM and Solution Manager 7.1. PAM indicates that on AIX 6.1 the supported java version is IBM JSE 1.4.2 64BIT . However note 1495160 indicates that "Starting October 1st 2012, at the latest, the SAP JVM 4 will be the only supported option. Therefore, please plan the switch to SAP JVM 4 within this time frame." and that Vendor JVM will not be supported from this date.

As we are doing an implementation of solman 7.1 now, what SAPJVM versions can we run it with? I dont really want to get 12months down the track and have to switch the Java version on a productive system if I can where the pain at installation. Do we have to use the switch tool to goto SAPJVM4 or can we run it with a SAPJVM6. Will PAM be updated to reflect this..

I find it a bit strange that a new SAP product is not installing with SAPJVM by default, and that it is not even listed in PAM.

Regards

Craig