cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billing Due without Posting to FI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The client requirement is as such that the Milestone billing has to be activated and invoices will be generated as per the billing schedule on the completion . BUT, the requirement from the FI team is as such that the invoice should be posted to accounts only when the 90% of the actual cost of material (COGS) is spent in making the product.(this is construction industry's compliance). The Sales accounts can not be posted until this happens. in this situation, without posting to FI, can Milestone billing generate the Dues and work as it is supposed to?

Thanks,

Binita

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In this case create bills as i suggested with posting block flagged in VOFA.

What you can do is develop a report with input fields as Customer code and / or Sales order.

You can use VBRK and VBRP tables to fetch the required details of the bills and TVZBT table for payment terms details.

by running this report user can know the due dates even when FI postings are not completed.

I think customer receipts can be processed using T.Code: F-29 ( since there will be no open items for the customer). check with FI consultant in the regard.

Once the 90% is completed release the billing documents to accounting using T.code: VFX3

Revert back in case of clarifications.

Regards,

Sharan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you explain the requirement in a little more detailed way.

As per my understanding

In case the postings are not required in FI, there is an option of Posting Block in Billing Document VOFA. So when a Bill is created It will not be released to accounting automatically. Once the 90% is completed all the invoices relating to the sale order can be released to accounting.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Sharan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sharan,

Seems you will clarify all my doubts pertaining to Billing :).

The requirement is, can duedates be generated for invoices without having them posted to FI in Milestone billing?

Payment term would have some meaning only when the invoice is posted to FI. Based on the number of days we mention in the payment terms master, duedate is shown in FBL5N for that particular invoice. But here , the customer does not want to post the invoices to FI till some period but still for all those invoices, dues should be considered and in fact the interest charged should also be calculated based on the delay.

Thanks,

BInita