cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

service invoice is generated before confirmation of delivery

Former Member
0 Kudos

service invoice is generated even though confirmation of delivery is not done.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mr. Rathnesh

It depends how you want and maintain copy controls, this is CS mopdule.

In general after service confirmation (iw41) you are supposed to use DP 90 to generate DMR and maintain copy controls to Billing further the service order.

However If you maintain the Copy controls and skip service confirmation the resource related bikliing can be done for the service order.

reagrds

DSR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ratnesh,

The service invoice is created before confirmation as the data to the invoice is flowing from the sales order

The copying control setting (VTFA) are mantained between sales order and invoice and the control is also based on the item categories -

Which you can access throught VOV7 where you will find the Billing Relevence field.(order or delivery related)

Check the sales document type with VOV8 where you can see in the billing section whether order related billing or delivery related billing is mantained

If you want the invoicing to be done after delivery confirmation then mantain the copy controls (VTFL) between the delivery and invoice and in VOV7 select billing relevence as A - Delivery relevent for all your item categories and mantain the invoice document type in VOV8 in the billing section for the field delivery relevent billing type.

Please revert back if you need any further information.

With Regards

Mohammed Raees

Edited by: Raeesuddin Mohammed on Oct 22, 2011 10:17 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raeesuddin,

I have the same issue. The item category has billing relevence as A. There is copy control between the delivery and billing document type and item category. Also the delivery relevent billing type is maintained in the sales order type.

However, I could still create billing even without doing PGI (confirmation of the service). Do you know anything else we have to configure to prevent the billing creation before the PGI?

Thanks,

Norman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I hope you can create billing with reference to service order.

Thank you,