cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data base log in error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I recently change the password of DB user through BRTOOLS and restart SAP after that I was unable to list server processes via CDPRO but it says "Can't open shares memory administration (rc=3)" and when I checked the log " jvm_bootstrap.out" under WORK folder it gave below exception

Exception occurred:

com.sap.engine.bootstrap.SynchronizationException: Database initialization failed! Check database properties!

at com.sap.engine.bootstrap.Bootstrap.initDatabaseConnection(Bootstrap.java:422)

at com.sap.engine.bootstrap.Bootstrap.<init>(Bootstrap.java:144)

at com.sap.engine.bootstrap.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:814)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:85)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:58)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:60)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:391)

at com.sap.engine.offline.OfflineToolStart.main(OfflineToolStart.java:81)

-

==[ Caused by: ]==----

com.sap.engine.frame.core.configuration.ConfigurationException: Error while connecting to DB.

at com.sap.engine.core.configuration.impl.persistence.rdbms.DBConnectionPool.createConnection(DBConnectionPool.java:360)

at com.sap.engine.core.configuration.impl.persistence.rdbms.DBConnectionPool.<init>(DBConnectionPool.java:125)

at com.sap.engine.core.configuration.impl.persistence.rdbms.PersistenceHandler.<init>(PersistenceHandler.java:38)

at com.sap.engine.core.configuration.impl.cache.ConfigurationCache.<init>(ConfigurationCache.java:149)

at com.sap.engine.core.configuration.bootstrap.ConfigurationManagerBootstrapImpl.init(ConfigurationManagerBootstrapImpl.java:236)

at com.sap.engine.core.configuration.bootstrap.ConfigurationManagerBootstrapImpl.<init>(ConfigurationManagerBootstrapImpl.java:49)

at com.sap.engine.bootstrap.Synchronizer.<init>(Synchronizer.java:60)

at com.sap.engine.bootstrap.Bootstrap.initDatabaseConnection(Bootstrap.java:419)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:85)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:58)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:60)

Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: ORA-01017: invalid username/password; logon denied

at oracle.jdbc.driver.DatabaseError.throwSqlException(DatabaseError.java:112)

at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CTTIoer.processError(T4CTTIoer.java:331)

at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CTTIoer.processError(T4CTTIoer.java:283)

at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CTTIoer.processError(T4CTTIoer.java:278)

at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CTTIoauthenticate.receiveOauth(T4CTTIoauthenticate.java:790)

at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CConnection.logon(T4CConnection.java:362)

at oracle.jdbc.driver.PhysicalConnection.<init>(PhysicalConnection.java:420)

at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CConnection.<init>(T4CConnection.java:165)

at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CDriverExtension.getConnection(T4CDriverExtension.java:35)

at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver.connect(OracleDriver.java:801)

at com.sap.sql.jdbc.NativeConnectionFactory.createNativeConnection(NativeConnectionFactory.java:215)

at com.sap.sql.connect.OpenSQLDataSourceImpl.createPooledConnection(OpenSQLDataSourceImpl.java:608)

at com.sap.sql.connect.OpenSQLDataSourceImpl.getPooledConnection(OpenSQLDataSourceImpl.java:285)

at com.sap.engine.core.configuration.impl.persistence.rdbms.DBConnectionPool.createConnection(DBConnectionPool.java:302)

at com.sap.engine.core.configuration.impl.persistence.rdbms.DBConnectionPool.<init>(DBConnectionPool.java:125)

at com.sap.engine.core.configuration.impl.persistence.rdbms.PersistenceHandler.<init>(PersistenceHandler.java:38)

at com.sap.engine.core.configuration.impl.cache.ConfigurationCache.<init>(ConfigurationCache.java:149)

at com.sap.engine.core.configuration.bootstrap.ConfigurationManagerBootstrapImpl.init(ConfigurationManagerBootstrapImpl.java:236)

at com.sap.engine.core.configuration.bootstrap.ConfigurationManagerBootstrapImpl.<init>(ConfigurationManagerBootstrapImpl.java:49)

at com.sap.engine.bootstrap.Synchronizer.<init>(Synchronizer.java:60)

at com.sap.engine.bootstrap.Bootstrap.initDatabaseConnection(Bootstrap.java:419)

I tried log in to the oracle DB separately using then new password I have give and it was success. I'm having this issue with the user "SAPSR3DB" time to time this user's account is locked from DB side. Please advice me to sync the password between application and DB.

Thanks and best regards,

Shanaka.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tried note 400241 details under ORA-01017: invalid username/password; logon denied

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I think OPS$ mechanism couldn't be updated (SAPUSER table). Did you refer the Notes -

400241 - problems with OPS$ user

50081 - creating OPS$ user on Windows

361641 - creating OPS$ user on Unix

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friend,

first Thanks so much for the reply, I'll try these steps and update you asap.

Thanks and best regards,

Shanaka.

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Login to oracle database using sqlplus

run the following command to check the status of dba users

SQL> select username, account_Status from dba_users;

Unlock the schema user if it locked. Later reset the password using brtools.

Then you system should work fine.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak ,

Thanks so much for the reply. I followed the same process and set the same password from both sides but still I had the issue. I tried applying the sap note 400241steps described in ORA-01017: invalid username/password; logon denied section and that helps me to solve this issue.

Thanks and regards ,

Shanaka.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi DatabaseSAP,

Thanks sooo much for the details about sap noted provided. Note 400241 - problems with OPS$ user helps me to solve my issue. I followed those steps described under ORA-01017: invalid username/password; logon denied.

Thanks so much and best regads,

Shanaka.