cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Handling negative amount (Returned amount) on the Credit Card Transaction

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

Need suggestion and solution urgently please.....

We are on ECC6.0 - SAP Travel Management

We have a scenario where the user charges a Personal Expense ($25) along with a legitimate Expense for an office item ($75) (Total $100) charged to a Corporate Credit Card. (Corporate Card with Corporate Liability)

The Personal Expense has already been deducted from the Payroll ($25) and credited to the Credit Card Company.

After a week, the user decides to return the Personal item to the Store and the store credits the amount (personal amount) to the Credit Card.

Now, I have to get back my $25 from my Payroll as reimbursement. ($25 debited from the Credit Card Clearing Account and Debit to Employee Expense A/c)

How is this scenario handled when the returned amount ($25) comes as (-$25 CC transaction) ?

Coz, Itemization Wizard does not support Negative Amounts.

How will the Negative CC Transaction ($25 towards Personal Expenses), be reimbursed to the employee ?

Your quick reply is highly appreciated as this is a very urgent requirement.

--

RRoy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please try following options

1) you can make new expense type( Adjustment of credit card to employee or from employee) type assigning negative wage type (-)..

2) Make new expense type and on Define Assignment of Wage Type to Symbolic Account or V_T706K use negative sign while defining symbolic account..

Regards,

Muhammad Umer

Edited by: Muhammad Umer on Oct 25, 2011 9:09 AM