cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDMReceipt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

All I know about MDMReceipt is that it sends an ack. back from R/3.

What exactly does it do why & when is MDMReceipt used. I have looked around but don't see any documentation - if anyone has seen... pls share the link.

Regards

Vinay

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinay ,

Not sure abt SP03 but in SP04 you can enable trace directly from r/3 to MDM . Pls give me your mail-id if need how-to-guide for it .

-Annika .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Annika, pls send the docs you are refering - to - vinay_pawate@yahoo.com

Regards,

Vinay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Let me explain the problem here in detail on behalf of Vinay:

Step 1: We have Central Data Management Scenario and pushing customer master creation data from Webdynpro application to XI by web service

Step 2: XI does mapping and splits the message and sends Global Data to MDM calling MDM APIs (we are not using MDM Syndicator) and simultaneously sends Global+Local Data to 3 R/3 systems by IDOCs (asynchronous call)

Step 3: Customer Master is created in 2 R/3 systems but failed in one due to data error. In MDM also same customer is created having keys of 3 R/3 systems (which is incorrect information due to failure in one R/3 system)

Question here is : How do we take care of such type of failures to ensure MDM information is accurate and consistent?

My guess is we can add one field in MDM repository named as status and keep the status as "IN PROGRESS" till the time we get success message from all the R/3 systems. but in this case we are adding one more message from R/3 to XI to MDM. How can we avoid that?

Any thought on this, if somebody encountered this kind of scenario/issue/requirement

Former Member
0 Kudos

Annika,

Can you send me the document to me too..psirupa@gmail.com

thx

praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinay ,

Not heard about "MDMReceipt" but as far as feedback/acknowledgement from R/3 is concerned , it is possible by using XI. Following scenario has been tried out.

1] MDM creates Material Locally with Material number=Blank and sends to R/3 via XI.

2]R/3 creates Material with Internal number range and sends back the Material Number generated within R/3 to MDM using XI.

3]Material Number is updated in MDM for the relevant record.

Its part of development within XI and R/3.

Not sure if you are looking for the same kind of ack back from R/3.

Regards

Nilesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello...!!!

Can some one throw some light on this pls.

Regards,

Vinay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vinay,

Even though I never heard or worked with MDM Reciept, I think this has something to do with XI 3.0 and may not be relavant for MDM 5.5.

Any word from others will definitely help.

Regards,

Rajani Kumar